I made these easy Grinch Cupcakes with the boys the other day and I have to tell you, they were so fun–and the kids loved them!
Perfect for a school holiday party or even a Christmas gift exchange party, they come together in minutes and are one of the simplest holiday cupcakes you’ll ever find.
Oh, and if you’re looking for more amazing Grinchy-ness, be sure to check out my big list of Grinch Recipes and Activities for Kids. You’re sure to find something fun (and awesomely mean) to do and make!
But back to these ridiculously easy cupcakes for the Grinch movie. Did you know that there’s a hidden heart inside?! I know. Crazy.
And they’re so easy, you’re going to flip. I mean, who would have thought of using a simple candy to make a Grinch heart?! It’s like you don’t even need fondant! LOL!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Grinch Cupcakes Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Must Have Resources:
When making Grinch Cupcakes at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Cupcake Corer
- Pretty Green Lacey Cupcake Liners (I wish I’d found before I made my cupcakes)
- Wax Paper
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Hamburger Soup in the Slow Cooker
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Scalloped Potatoes
Refreshing Drink: Grinch’s Appletini
Best Grinch Desserts (and other stuff):
Once you make this Grinch Cupcakes Recipe, you’re going to realize that having a little Grinch in your life just makes you–smile. So, if you’re ready for a Grinchy Christmas party, then you definitely have to check out these awesome Grinch ideas.
- Grinch Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- Grinchy Green Mocktail Recipe
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables
More Cupcake Recipes:
Oh, you’re just here for the cupcakes? I don’t blame you, they’re the perfect conveyance for frosting. Which is, indeed, the most tasty thing ever. So, I have conveniently pulled together some of my favorite cupcake recipes you’re sure to love!
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 1 tspn vinegar
- 2 tspn vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 36 red Starburst candies
- Green food coloring
- Preheat your oven to 350-degrees and place liners in cupcake tin.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Combine all of the wet ingredients (including the butter) in another mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in ⅓ increments, mixing thoroughly between each increment.
- Spoon this cake batter into the lined cupcake tins.
- Bake for 30-minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the centermost cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool your vanilla cupcakes completely before frosting.
- Unwrap and warm 3 Starburst candies in the microwave on a small plate for 10 seconds.
- Work 2 of the Starburst into a ball.
- Then flatten them and round the top into two circles, making the other side pointy, forming a sizable heart.
- Set this large heart aside on wax paper while you make the next.
- With third Starburst, work it into a ball and flatten, same as the other, with two circles on top and a pointy bottom to make a smaller heart.
- Place this smaller heart aside on the wax paper as well.
- Repeat making 12 large hearts and 12 small hearts
- Using your largest decorating tip or a cupcake corer, press into the top of each cupcake off-center, creating a well, followed by two additional wells, forming a large, generally, heart-shaped hole. Save these hole tops.
- Place one of the bigger hearts inside each well in the top of each cupcake.
- Replace the hole tops on all of the cupcakes.
- Add 10-15 drops of the green food coloring into your vanilla frosting, stirring until the color is a smooth green.
- Place your star tip in a decorating bag and fill the bag with your green frosting.
- Ice each cupcake in a swirl with a pointy tip on top.
- Put one of the smaller hearts on top of each cupcake.
You'll also need:
- Wax paper (just to set your marshmallow fondant creations on)
- Star decorating tip and bag
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Stainless Steel Metric Measuring Cups and Spoons Set - 12 Piece Sturdy Stackable Metal.
KitchenAid KFP0922WH 9-Cup Food Processor with Exact Slice System - White
3 Piece Glass Mixing Bowls and 2 Piece Measuring Shot Glasses, 5 PC SET - Perfect for measuring, mixing, baking, cooking, prepping delicious recipes and much more!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 13mg Sodium: 177mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 27g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g