This Blueberry Sweet Rolls Recipe is going to be the biggest reason that you pull yourself out of bed in the morning! Speaking of blueberries, be sure to check out my Easy Blueberry Recipes for even more sweet treats and ideas.
The smell of these blueberry cinnamon rolls will have everyone running for the table and pulling up a chair.
Trust me when I say that you’re going to be addicted to these breakfast rolls with blueberries and icing. They’re literally going to melt in your mouth and have you wondering why your plate is empty too fast!
When it comes to making homemade sweets and treats, you can’t go wrong with this recipe. It’s fast and simple and full of so much sweet blueberry flavor!
Your brain may be wondering if this is a dessert recipe or a breakfast recipe, and I say, why choose? As long as you’re fine eating them whenever you want, that’s all that really matters!
Blueberry Sweet Rolls Recipe
Once you work the dough on a lightly floured surface, you’re so close to being done with the recipe! All that is left is letting it double in size at room temperature! You might as well preheat the oven and do as much prep work as you can at that point. (and don’t worry, this sweet roll recipe is a breeze)
My boys have always been a great help in the kitchen, and this is one recipe that they’re always a part of helping with as well. They like to use the dough hook and stand mixer, and I like to give myself a break!
I always tell them that working together in the kitchen is a great way to bond. We have so many memories that revolve and baking, and I would never change that!
Do you have to use fresh blueberries for this recipe?
You don’t have to use fresh blueberries only. You can also use frozen blueberries as well, which is great because that means you can literally make this cinnamon rolls recipe all year long.
The thing to keep in mind when using frozen blueberries is that you need to be careful with them because they will release liquid as they thaw.
I would recommend thawing them out by running them under water and then letting them drip out the excess water before adding them to the rest of the ingredients.
If you wash them in a strainer, just leave them in the strainer in the sink to drip out the excess water.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Homemade Blueberry Rolls at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Thinking about meal planning? What are you waiting for? Meal planning is the perfect way to save time and stop stressing out about meals. I love meal planning, and it’s time to give it a try!
Main Dish: Tender Instant Pot Tilapia Lime Tacos
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Parmesan Steak Fries with Ranch
Refreshing Drink: Fast and Easy Toxic Waste Mocktail Recipe
Best Bread Recipes:
Once you make this Blueberry Rolls Recipe, it’s time to make more bread recipes. I love how bread can be sweet or savory – and more! Here are some of my favorite recipes for bread that I think you’ll love as well!
Everyone in the house loves when I make this Amazing Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe! This is another great morning starter or dessert.
Don’t miss out on making this Flavorful Unicorn Monkey Bread Recipe for breakfast! The kids will get a kick out of this one!
This Easy Homemade Bread recipe is one that everyone will love. I’ve made this so many times, and it’s always a huge hit.
Just wait till you try this Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe! If you’re a fan of lemon dessert, you’re not going to want to miss out on this.
Remember to make this Pumpkin Bread recipe during fall! This is perfect for pumpkin lovers!
Your tastebuds will be doing the happy dance with this Crazy Good Breadmachine Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe. The chocolate flavor is SOOOOO good!
One bite of this Tropical Pina Colada Monkey Bread, and you’ll be hooked! It literally reminds me of summer!
What other ingredients can you add to this recipe?
If you want to add some lemon zest or some lemon juice to this recipe, you can make a nice lemon glaze! You can also put a tad bit of powdered sugar on top when it’s done and served!
I also think that adding in other berries, like strawberries or raspberries, would be super yummy, too. When you’re adding fruit to bread, there are a lot of yummy options that you can choose from.
I like to choose fruit that is ripe and in season, so have fun changing it up!
More Blueberry Recipes:
- Lemon Blueberry Swirl Bread Recipe
- Sweet and Spicy Blueberry Salsa Recipe
- Delicious Instant Pot Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 4 cups flour
- 2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups frozen/fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) package of softened cream cheese
- 4 T softened unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T milk
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of flour and the yeast in a bowl. Set it aside.
- Put the milk, 1/3 cup of butter, sugar, and salt in a saucepan until it reaches 120 degrees. Take off the heat and stir until butter is melted. Add in the yeast and flour mixture.
- Mix together on low with the mixer and paddle and add the eggs one at a time.
- Change to the dough hook and beat at low speed. Add the rest of the flour slowly. Turn the speed to medium until a soft dough forms. This will take about 3 minutes.
- Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl and turn it to coat everywhere. Cover with a clean dish cloth.
- Let the dough rise in a warm space, which will take about 1.5 hours.
- Punch down the dough and then put it on a lightly floured surface. Cover and let it rest for up to 10 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle shape which is about 20 inches by 10 inches. Put on the filling mixture and be sure to leave a 1-inch space on the long edge where there should be no filling.
- Begin on the long side and roll up the dough. Work it tightly but don't pull on it too much. Seal it by pinching it shut.
- Cut the roll into 12 even sizes and slices.
- Put each piece in a pan that is sprayed with non stick spray. Leave an inch between each one. Cover and put it in a warm place for 40 minutes to double.
- Put in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- As they are baking, mix the cream cheese, vanilla, and butter. Stir well. Add in the flour and then add the milk slowly.
- Take the rolls out of the oven and add on the homemade icing.
Are you going to eat this as breakfast food or dessert food? or both?