About a year ago, I had a great guest post on 5 ways to make box cake better and you guys have been eating it up (HA! No pun intended)! It is one of my most popular posts to date. So, I thought it was about time to help you with more box cake recipes.
Sure, making a cake from scratch is a wonderful skill. But the thing about using boxed cake mix is that it’s just so convenient! You can just open the box, dump out the mix, add some eggs, oil, and water, and you’re basically done!
Naturally, easy cake mix recipes are a great way to bake a special dessert when you don’t have a lot of time. If you’re tired of making the same old cakes, though, try these ideas to learn how to make box cake mix better! There are cookies, cakes, muffins, and more you can create from a box cake mix!
For more recipes that use a cake mix, try this list of yummy Cake Mix Recipe Ideas!
How to Make Box Cake Mix Better:
1. This light Apple Cinnamon White Cake makes a great brunch treat!
2. Pick some fresh blueberries over the summer and then make this lovely and Easy Blueberry Upside Down Cake!
3. Love Red Velvet Cake? Get the taste without all the work with these Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies!
4. Put some candy in your cake with these M&M Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies!
5. These homemade soft Spiced Oreo Cake Mix Cookies would make a yummy treat for a cookie exchange!
6. If your kids are fans of “The Grinch”, they’ll love making (and eating) these Kid-Made Grinch Cake Mix Cookies!
7. Have cake for breakfast with these lovely Funfetti Cake Batter Pancakes!
8. If you love the taste of Heath bars, try this Heath Bar Cake!
9. Share these Strawberry Margarita Cupcakes with your fellow mom friends or follow the special directions to make a non-alcoholic one for the whole family!
10. I love dump cakes. You can literally dump a few ingredients in a pan and end up with cake! This fruity Very Berry Crumble Dump Cake would be a wonderful light summer treat!
11. The secret to these addictive Lemon Berry Muddy Buddies? Fruit-flavored cake mix!
12. Use a boxed cake mix to create this indulgent Warm Triple Chocolate Pudding Cake!
13. Do your kids love the Minions? These adorable Minions Cake Mix Cookies are perfect for movie night!
14. A boxed cake mix forms the base for this simple Peach Cake Mix Cobbler!
15. This recipe for Lemon Curd Poke Cake only requires a few ingredients, including cake mix!
16. Whip up these elegant Cake Mix Lemon Poppyseed Scones to serve with coffee!
17. Brighten someone’s day with these colorful Rainbow Cake Mix Cookies!
18. If you love mint and chocolate, these Chocolate Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies are a must-bake!
19. Add another layer of sweetness to cake mix cookies with this recipe for Cake Mix Cookie Bar Sandwiches!
20. Bake up a warm and comforting fall dessert with this Marshmallow Apple Pie Spice Dump Cake!
21. Take the work out of making these homemade M&M Candy Bar Cupcakes by using a box cake mix!
22. Use a boxed cake mix to coat these yummy Cake Batter Popcorn Treats!
23. These soft-baked German Chocolate Cake Sandwich Cookies come together in no time, thanks to cake mix!
24. If you’re craving a super-rich dessert, make these Gooey Cookies and Cream Chocolate Cake Bars and get a sweet tooth fix!
25. This Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake would be delicious with a hot cappuccino!
26. These Cherry Limeade Cake Mix Cookies are delicious and simple! Plus, they keep well for gift-giving!
27. Get the flavor of a Butterfinger candy bar with this easy Chocolate Butterfinger Poke Cake!
28. Bake up a few batches of these Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Mix Muffins and freeze them for quick breakfasts!
Resources for Making a Box Cake Mix Better:
These resources from Amazon are perfect for making your own box cake mix recipes!