These patriotic rice Krispie treat stars are so simple and easy to make! And who doesn’t love the idea of edible stars for Independence Day?
If you like these red white and blue stars, make certain that you check out these Fourth of July Pretzel Sticks as well!
Don’t these Independence Day rice Krispy treats look so fun and festive?! The great part is that they are perfect for outdoor dining and celebration as well. Simply pick up and go with no messy leftover!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
- Crispy Rice Cereal
- Royal Blue Candy Melts
- Red Candy Melts
- Mini Marshmallows (10 ounces)
- Coconut Oil (if necessary)
Reminder, not all ingredients in the rice Krispie treat stars are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making Rice Krispie Patriotic Stars at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
- Star Cookie Cutter
- 9 x 13 Baking Sheet
- Large Saucepan
- Wooden Spoon
- Wax Paper
- Microwave Safe Bowl
- Piping Bag & Tip
Make it a Meal:
Main Dish: Blue Cheese and Turkey Club Sandwich
Vegetable Side: Simple Carrot Salad
Starch Side: Asparagus and Potato Egg Bake Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Detox Juice Recipe
Best Rice Krispie Treat Recipes:
Once you make these perfect rice Krispies treats, the kids are going to want food like this even more! Don’t fret – here are some other awesome recipes to try!
More Patriotic Recipes:
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal (pictured with cocoa crispy rice cereal)
- (10 ounce) miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Blue candy wafer melts
- Red candy wafer melts
- Patriotic sprinkles
- Prepare a 13 x 9 baking sheet with wax paper and a spritz of non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and melt, stirring constantly. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Fold in the cereal. Stir until the cereal is coated in the marshmallow.
- Using a buttered spatula or greased wax paper evenly press mixture into baking sheet. Cool completely.
- Use cookie cutter to cut treats. If the treats are loose, press additional krispy mixture into the cookie cutter before releasing the shape onto waxed paper. Reshape the remaining cereal in your baking pan until all is used.
- Place candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt on high heat, stirring every 30 seconds until completely melted. Do not overheat. If the candy is too thick, add vegetable shortening or coconut oil in 1 teaspoon increments, up to 1 tablespoon, and stir well. Do not add water.
- Transfer melted candy to a piping bag or freezer bag with the corner snipped.
- Drizzle melted candy over treats. Immediately add sprinkles.
- Allow to dry completely before packaging or storing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 111 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 117mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 4g Protein: 1g