There comes a time in everyone’s life where they need to spice things up a tad. These Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries are just what the Doctor ordered. 🙂 Seriously, is there anything better than oven roasted potato wedges topped with melted cheddar, & bell peppers? Maybe if you added bacon to the fries. LOL!
In our house, we have nerdy little names for some of our dinners. We have Game Night and Movie Night. We have Snack Night and DIY Night. Steak Fries get made for most of those nights. The kids get to where they request a specific night because they want specific foods.
Game Night – We eat finger foods & Fondue and play board games. Our current favorite (with my teens, especially) is 5-Second Rule. This little game gets down-right hilarious!
Movie Night – This is pretty obvious. 🙂
Snack Night – This is our excuse to eat snaky type finger foods without having to play a game or watch a movie. 🙂
DIY Night– Leftovers are taking over the fridge. This is that night where you have to make your own dinner.
Steak Fries Must Have Resources:
4 in 1 Wonder Chop – Chop, Dice, Fine Chopper and Fruit Wedger
Set of eight 6.25-ounce glass bowls with eight plastic lids – perfect for holding different toppings
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware, Baking Sheet, 2-Piece Set
More Delicious Steak Fries Recipes:
- 1 lb potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into ¾-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 oz finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place potatoes on baking sheet, drizzle evenly with oil and toss to coat lightly.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and garlic powder.
- Sprinkle paprika mixture evenly over both sides of potatoes, then arrange potatoes in a single layer.
- Bake in center of oven for 10 minutes, then flip and stir, and bake for 7 minutes or until lightly golden and tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with salt, cheese and pepper. Bake for 2 minutes more or until cheese has melted slightly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve immediately for peak flavor.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.