There’s no place like New York! The Big Apple is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. And for good reason! There are so many amazing places to visit and sights to see!
But if you’re planning a trip to NYC as a family, you might wonder which attractions are actually kid-friendly. Wonder no longer! These Kid Friendly Things to do in New York are guaranteed to make your trip an unforgettable family vacation!
And, if you want to make your trip even more special, check out these places to see by bike in NYC!
Kid Friendly Things to do in New York
1. Take the kids up to the observation deck of the Empire State Building and give them a truly bird’s-eye view of the big city! Plus, they can take a tour of the building and learn about its history!
2. Get tickets to a New York Yankees baseball game at Yankee Stadium and take in a Major League Baseball game with the kids. Don’t forget the popcorn and soda!
3. You can’t visit NYC without taking a trip to Times Square! This shopping and entertainment district is a great place to take pictures, see people from all over the world, and visit shops. Be sure to take a picture in front of the giant Times building billboard!
4. Visit the Statue of Liberty – a National Parks Monument – and take the tour all the way to the top of the statue. Book a ride on one of the ferries around the monument too!
5. Plan a trip to the Bronx Zoo to see animals from every continent in special themed exhibits, such as the Congo Gorilla Forest, Tiger Mountain, and the Butterfly Garden. Plus, you can sign up to feed penguins and sea lions!
6. If you’re looking for a truly unique New York experience, be sure to visit High Line Park. This outdoor space was repurposed from an elevated train track into a park that stands tens of feet above the ground!
7. Don’t miss the chance to view classic works of art from all parts of the globe at the Metropolitan Museum of Art! Kids can even make their own special works in the Sunday Studio program!
8. Visit Central Park – the largest outdoor green space in the city – and see statues, fountains, special art exhibitions, and more!
9. If you’d like the kids to see a live performance on your trip, Radio City Music Hall is the place to go! You and the kids can watch a show featuring the world-famous Rockettes!
10. The National 9/11 Memorial is a somber, but necessary sight to see with the kids during your trip. 9/11 was a heartbreaking and tragic experience, but the memorial is an excellent way to talk about this national event, especially with older children. There are also lesson plans available to help you prepare for your trip with the kids.
Did I miss any of your must-see kid-friendly things to do in New York? Share your tips in the comments!
Kid Friendly Travel Resources:
Are you prepared to travel with your kids? The following things will help you on your journey!