I adore The Grinch and, thankfully, my kids do, too. So, I made these fun Grinch popsicle puppets the other day so we can act out the book as part of our reading activities! These are great for fun holiday Grinchmas Ideas!
This is a super fun and quick Grinch kids’ craft that you can make by hand or with your Cricut as a print-and-cut project. Perfect for the holidays!
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
To make this using your Cricut, you’re just going to download the files, print with your inkjet then cut on your Cricut. But it’s not like it requires a Cricut, either. You can print on your inkjet, then cut these out with scissors and still make an epic set of Grinch popsicle stick puppets.
So, let’s start making!
The Grinch Puppet Printables
These Grinch puppet printables are perfect for bringing The Grinch to life while you read the book together with your kids. Not only can the kids almost make their own little Grinch movie, they can also practice the lines or use the puppets as word pointers.
It’s a whole-learning experience, right?!
Although you can use these files to make whatever The Grinch Who Stole Christmas items you might want, I know it’s helpful for you to know exactly what I used so you can make these little popsicle stick puppets this holiday season:
- Quality White Card Stock Paper
- Colorful Popsicle Sticks
- Free Print-and-Cut Files (there are several of these, so scroll on down)
Making your Grinch puppets is super easy. Especially once I had the design finished. And since you don’t have that particular uphill battle, you’re already halfway there!
To make all of these things, all I needed was:
Now, like I said earlier, you CAN make these Grinch puppets without a cutting machine. All you need, if that’s the case, is a pair of scissors or an exacto knife.
Tips and Tricks to Make Grinch Popsicle Puppets with Cricut:
Making your Grinch puppets is simpler than writing “Grinch”. But, I get it that this might be your first time–or you just like to know all the tricks. So, I have a couple of notes about cutting card stock on your cutting machine:
- Ensure your Cricut knife blade is really clean. Even if it looks clean, if you’ve been cutting anything with fibers or sticky materials, there’s a chance it’s still on the blade. All you need to do is simply wipe it off with some rubbing alcohol before using it. A dirty knife can make for messy cuts that ruin your project by tearing the paper instead of cutting cleanly.
- Be sure to press the paper down firmly onto the mat over the whole face of the paper–not just around the edges. If you just press down the edges, you run the risk of the sections of the paper pulling up and moving with the blade, again ruining your project and tearing the paper instead of cutting cleanly.
Best Grinch Ideas You Can Make:
Once you make these Grinch puppets, you’ll want to bring more whimsy to your holiday. Because it’s fun, because it’s cut, but mostly because you’re greedy, just like the Grinch. Or is that just me?
Good news for you (and me), there’s no need to rob Whoville for a Grinch fix, you just need these fantastic ideas:
- Easy Grinch Cookie Recipes Kids Will Love
- Grinch Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables for Kids
- Grinch Recipes and Activities for Kids
- Grinch Gnome
- Quality Card Stock Paper
- Glue Stick, Tape or Glue Dots
- Downloadable Grinch Popsicle Puppets Set
- Colored Popsicle Sticks
- Light Grip Mat
- Download the PNG Files, then upload it to Cricut Design Space.
- Select "complex" image type. On the next screen, select "continue" and the following screen, select "save as a print and cut project".
- Insert the image onto the next screen, then select "make it".
- Load the white card stock into your printer and print the project.
- Place the printed card stock paper onto your light grip mat as shown on the screen in Cricut Design Space.
- Select medium-thickness card stock as the material.
- Load the light grip mat into your Cricut cutting machine and tell it to cut.
- When the cut is complete, weed the design.
- Glue the Grinch, Cindy Lou and Max heads to the corresponding color popsicle sticks, as desired.
This fun set of Grinch popsicle puppets is so simple and perfect for bringing The Grinch Who Stole Christmas to life. If you love them, be sure to pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest so you can find it again fast when you’re planning a Grinch reading unit!