Mommas, we are busy, we are stressed, we have no time. I get it, 100%! We have kids and husbands and pets and houses and bills… and, and, and.
However, if we don’t take some times for ourselves (and remind our mommy friends to do the same) we are grumpy, short, and snippy. If we are always mad, aren’t we defeating the reason we are home with our kids?
Take some time to be with yourself, to pamper your body while relaxing your mind. Make a batch of this yummy-scented and extremely moisturizing Fresh Linen Coconut Oil Salt Scrub for your next 5 minute bath experience. 🙂
Fresh Linen Coconut Oil Salt Scrub:
Between the health benefits of the coconut oil and the amazing oils that combine to create the fresh linen scent, you will really love this body scrub. Plus, the blue is beautiful! 🙂
Coconut Oil is full of health and beauty benefits. Seriously, see the graphic above, from the Organic Facts website, to see most of them.
Some of my favorite benefits, and the reason that I am using coconut oil in this body scrub recipe are:
Great for skin issues like psoriasis and eczema
Amazing healing properties
Must Have Resources:
The following links are affiliate links. I suggest that you have the following tools on hand before attempting to make your own body scrub. I also suggest having a specific set just for creating body items to prefent accident consumption. I actually have a full tote of things that are only for my scrubs, lotions, both bombs, etc. This box even has a cheap hand-held mixer!
More Body Scrub Recipes:
Once you start making your own scrubs, you will get slightly addicted! Just be careful because not all recipe combinations are safe. The following are safe to use and are ones I highly recommend. 🙂
Fresh Linen Coconut Oil Salt Scrub
- 1 c. Epsom Salt
- ½ c. Coconut Oil
- Linen scented essential oil – Since I use only Rocky Mountain Oils, I use Purify. It really has a fresh linen scent that you will love! But, if you don’t have the same hangups about where your oils come from that I do, you can find some linen scented on Amazon.
- Blue soap dye coloring
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup of Epsom salt with ½ c. of coconut oil. You can use regular table salt or Kosher salt if you prefer, but the exfoliation properties will not be as strong, and you may need to up the salt to oil ratio.
- Mix the salt and coconut oil until well combined.
- Add a few drops of blue food coloring, and mix well until the color is distributed evenly.
- Pour in a few drops of linen scented essential oil and mix completely.
- Place in a container for storage or for use.