Don’t miss out on this Pumpkin Praline Trifle Recipe! Pumpkin lovers agree that this trifle has the best flavor. It’s layers of goodness in every bite.
Add this to your must-make pumpkin recipes so you don’t miss out. It’s an easy dessert that can make your holiday table a winner. Check out how simple it is!
The fun part about eating a homemade trifle recipe is that there are so many layers to get through. That means you’ll have layer after layer of goodness to treat your sweet tooth.
Pumpkin Praline Trifle Recipe
I love making this recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This dish’s pumpkin flavoring is perfect with the rest of the holiday dishes.
My boys also love this recipe because they love the praline flavor. I have been making it for years, and it’s one of my favorites! Just wait until you take your first bite!
You can easily make this for your next holiday gathering because it’s a large portion to feed a crowd. Sometimes, I’m lucky and have leftovers to treat myself the next day!
Is a trifle a layered dessert?
Typically, this dessert category features multiple layers of ingredients, each building upon the last to create a cohesive and flavorful final product.
When considering a trifle, it is clear that this dessert certainly incorporates layers into its construction. From the cake base to the custard and fruit layers, every element of a trifle is carefully layered to achieve the desired effect.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Praline Trifle Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Pumpkin Trifle at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal planning is a simple way to stop stressing over what to make for dinner. Check out this easy resource that helps to plan everything out.
Main Dish: Hamburger Meat and Pasta Recipes
Vegetable Side: Copycat Chick-fil-A Coleslaw Recipe
Starch Side: Healthy Butternut Squash Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Pumpkin Pie Mocktail Recipe
Best Cake Mix Recipes:
Once you make this Cake Mix Pumpkin Dessert Recipe, check out these other easy recipes that you can make. This list shows some of my favorites.
These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake Mix Muffins are a quick and easy snack or dessert.
Find out how simple it is to make this Cake Mix Brownies Recipe!
Cake Mix Cookies are the best. These are fast and delicious!
Halloween Cake Mix Cookies are the best treat! The kids will love these!
This list of recipes all uses strawberry cake mix. You’ll love the recipe ideas!
Make this Lemon Cake Mix Cookies Recipe for your next party.
Whip up a batch of this Cake Mix Waffles Recipe for breakfast!
Why does everyone love pumpkin desserts?
The love for pumpkin desserts likely stems from the fact that they scratch several sensory itches simultaneously. From sight to smell to taste, pumpkin desserts are irresistible to many.
Additionally, pumpkin offers unique nutritional benefits and a rich, creamy texture perfect for baking. It adds rich, earthy sweetness and enhances other dessert flavors and aromas.
Whether it’s pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, or cheesecake, there’s no denying the widespread love for pumpkin desserts—no wonder they’ve become a staple for autumnal celebrations, holidays, and cozy indoor evenings.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
- Copycat McDonald’s Pumpkin Creme Pie Recipe
- Copycat Starbucks Pumpkin Scones Recipe
Cake Layer Ingredients:
- 1 yellow/white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup milk
Praline Layer Ingredients:
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Cream Cheese Pudding Layer Ingredients:
- 2 3.4-ounce packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 8-ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9X13 baking pan with nonstick spray. Also, spray a large baking sheet.
- Mix the cake mix, pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl. Use a mixer and beat on medium-low for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into the 9X13-inch pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Add the pudding and milk to a bowl and beat on medium speed for 1 minute with the mixer. Set aside and let it thicken for about 10 minutes.
- Mix in 1 cup of whipped topping. Set aside.
- Add the cream cheese and butter to a mixing bowl and beat with a mixer for 2 minutes. Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding and mix for one minute on low.
- In a different bowl, add the brown sugar, pecans, and heavy cream. Toss until the pecans are coated.
- Spread the mixture onto the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the mixture is dried.
- Once the baked cake has cooled, cut it into 1-inch pieces. Layer them in a trifle bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on top of the cake squares.
- Add a handful of the pecans and drizzle with the caramel syrup.
- Repeat the layering steps and then serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 556Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 275mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 9g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 11/18/2023
When do you plan to make and serve this simple trifle recipe?