I seriously have travel on the brain! On the blog, I talk about car activities to keep my boys busy and here I am thinking about homemade snacks to keep them full! I like to make homemade snack treats because I know what is in them and can try to keep them just tad healthier.
It’s so easy to pick up a store-bought treat or two, but when I make homemade snacks, my kids enjoy them more and I feel better too! So I’ve found 30 homemade snack recipes below that you can prepare at home! Some are salty, some are sweet, and some are even nutritious!
They’re perfect for growing appetites, hungry husbands, and even busy moms! For more fun snack ideas, check out this list of afternoon snacks kids can make for themselves!
1. Invite friends over for a sleepover and whip up Peanut Butter Popcorn to share!
2. These Snickers Snack Cups are a perfect and easy treat for Snickers lovers.
3. Planning a Family Movie Night? Consider inviting S’mores Munchie Mix to join in!
4. Love Reese’s cups? Chocolate Peanut Butter Snack Bars is a cheap, do-it-yourself snack that you will adore!
5. This Double Chocolate Snack Cake is a delicious, eye-catching afternoon treat.
6. Can’t think of what to have with your chips? Try this Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips snack!
7. Craving a sweet n’ salty snack? Sweet n’ Salty Candy Corn Snack Mix is an anytime, all-time winner!
8. Trying to think of a quick and easy and healthy snack to make? This Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and Apple Snack is the one for you!
9. This simple Healthy After-School Snack: Peanut Butter Banana Nut Snack Balls would make a wonderful after-school snack!
10. This Churro Puppy Chow Recipe is a munchie that will win your heart!
11. Gone blueberry picking ? These Blueberry Snack Bars will make a delicious, mouth-watering snack that even the blueberries will be excited participating in…lol!
12. Are you a caramel and nut lover? This Caramel Nut Snack Mix is your kind of snack!
13. This Strawberry Pretzel Parfait Recipe is a beautiful and dee-licious dessert for any time and any season!
14. These Frozen Yogurt Covered Blueberries is a good and healthy on-the-go snack that anyone will love.
15. Try these Cinnamon Sugar Snowflakes for a perfect winter activity that your kids will love and eat!
16. If you love cookie dough, then this Monster Cookie Dough Dip is a “monstrous” snack that will win you over!
17. Are those store-bought carrot cake bites tempting? Make these Carrot Cake Protein Bites instead!
18. This Hot Chocolate Snack Mix is a fantastic and warm snack for a cold, wintry day.
19. These Homemade Fruit Roll Ups are fun to make and they’re better than buying them!
20. Colorful and chewy, these DIY Fruit Snacks will be a smashing (and cheap!) hit.
21. Poppable, small, and crunchy…what’s not to love about these Popcorn Balls?
22. These Easy Fruit and Yogurt Bites are awesome little after-school treats kids will love to chew on while doing homework!
23. These Coconut Cashew Bars are crunchy and super fun to make!
24. These crisp and salty Baked Purple Kale Chips are a healthy, stay-in-shape snack for on-the-go or at home.
25. Ever in a rush and have to snag those $3.00 bagel bites? No more! Make these Homemade Bagel Bites yourself!
26. This Pumpkin Snack Cake would be perfect for a mother and daughter to make in the kitchen!
27. This Cinnamon Waffle Snack Mix is an autumn snack that would pair well with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book.
28. Preschool kids will love these tasty and adorable Green Eggs and Ham Pretzel Bites! They’re a perfect mimic of the Dr. Seuss book!
29. These Turkey and Cheese Rollups are a quick and easy snack to make for anyone in a morning rush or learning how to cook.
30. Love white chocolate? These White Chocolate Cereal Snack Bars are fast and easy to make and will make your family’s mouth water the minute they see them!
31. Make this Chocolate Charcuterie Board for a quick snack!
32. Everyone will love this Charcuterie Board on a Budget!
Homemade Snack Recipes and Resources:
These affiliate resources from Amazon are handy for making homemade snack recipes of your own!