Orlando, Florida is one of the most popular family travel destinations around. And with good reason! There are so many fun things to do with kids in Orlando that it’s almost impossible to try them all on one trip!
If you’re ready to take a trip to Florida as a family, these 10 attractions are on the must-visit list! Read on to see why these special places are such great attractions for parents and kids to enjoy together.
And if you’re planning a trip to Disney soon, be sure to check out my list of Children’s Books about Disney World!
Orlando: 10 Things to Do with Kids!
1. Animal Kingdom is a definite must-see for kids and parents who visit Orlando. The park features live shows, such as Finding Nemo: The Musical! Plus, there are live animal encounters, where families can explore gorillas, butterflies, elephants, and more!
2. Sea World’s water park, Aquatica, has a ton of water rides for kids of all ages. There are thrill water rides, such as Dolphin Plunge and the Taumata Racer, but there are also relaxing water play areas, such as Walkabout Waters, for the little kids!
3. Located in a building designed to look like it’s upside down, Wonderworks is a great science and discovery museum where kids can explore hands-on exhibits related to space discovery, art, and earth science. It’s a place where children can really get to “see” how science works in their everyday lives!
4. International Drive is one of the busiest tourist destinations in Orlando, because it’s home to tons of shops, restaurants, and sights for the whole family. There are dinner shows, including the Pirates’ Dinner Adventure, and factory outlets where you can shop until you drop!
5. Islands of Adventure is an awesome attraction for kids, but especially with teens. At the park, there are plenty of hair-raising roller coasters, including The Incredible Hulk Coaster and Doctor Doom’s Fearfall. But there are also other sights, such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Jurassic Park Discovery Center!
6. The Magic Kingdom is worth a visit for families of all sizes. And, if you’ve visited Disney World as a child, you’ll love sharing the experience with your kids. Cinderella’s Castle, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, and the Mad Tea Party are classic attractions that you’ll enjoy together!
7. Discovery Cove is Sea World’s one-of-a-kind animal encounter experience where kids can pet dolphins, swim with otters, and wade with rays in a natural environment! The kids will never forget the chance they had to interact with animals up close!
8. Book a trip to the Sea Life Orlando Aquarium to see even more underwater creatures! In the aquarium, there’s a 360-degree underwater tunnel that allows children to feel as if they’re right inside the ocean! Animals on display include seahorses, jellyfish, sharks, and octopi!
9. Take the kids to see the Orlando Magic play a basketball game is a great choice for little sports lovers! The kids can watch professional athletes in real life, eat popcorn, and cheer with the crowd!
10. Legoland is actually located in Winter Haven, which is about 45 minutes from Orlando. But the drive is worth it, especially if you have Lego lovers in your family! At the resort, kids can ride Lego-themed rides such as the Duplo Train, Project X, and the Technicycle. There’s also a water park and, of course, a Build Zone!
Did I miss any of your must-visit places in Orlando for kids? Are you an Orlando resident with inside knowledge of these attractions? Share your tips and suggestions in the comments!