Wow, it is hard to believe that we have been living at Miller Manor for over 2 months! Where has the time gone? We are decorating, finding furniture, still unpacking, and just trying to settle into our new home. We still have a ton of work to do, but not a ton of time. Anyway, I have been trying to sort and organize my kitchen cabinets and while I am still not 100% happy with where everything is, I am loving the space!
So, it seemed like a great time to update you on my kitchen from before, to a few during, to the final product! Thoughts? What does it need?
This is now our kitchen! We did a ton of work in here:
- shortened the window you see on the right
- removed the arch you see on the left
- removed the shelf on the left
- closed up the window looking opening on the left
- made the walk-through just a tad smaller
- closed up the french doors
- removed and leveled the flooring
- replaced a ton of sheetrock
- adding new lighting
Here, we found some ceiling issues and then ended up actually ripping out even more of it. Also, the entire wall at the back was ripped out and replaced thanks to water damage and termites!
Here, you can see a ton of the ripped out walls and the trench for the electrical to my new island, but you can also see the new studs where we were closing up doors and such.
Here, you can now see where things are starting to come together! We have lights, cabinets, floors, and more!
There you go, the final Kitchen!! I love it – like seriously. I can cook without feeling claustrophobic and we have so much cabinet & counter space. Everyday I think to myself… “WOW! This is my house!”
Follow Along as We Renovate Miller Manor!
- Day One – Begin Demolition and Doing Doors!
- Day Two – Goodbye Ugly flooring!
- Days Three & Four – Goodbye Weird Arches and Hello Hidden Door!
- Days Five through Nine – Goodbye Tile & Weird Wood Squares!
- Days Ten through Twelve – Sneak Peek at my Kitchen!
- Miller Manor Day 36: Over a Month of Renovations!
- Miller Manor: Just an Update
- Miller Manor: Ricky’s Update
- Miller Manor: Getting (and staying) Organized
- Quick Video Update
- Final: My Dream Kitchen