Well, Miller Manor is coming along – it feels like it is taking forever and everyday I go home thinking… “OMG! I don’t know how much more of this I can take!” and every morning I wake up thinking “Holy Molasses, I HURT!!” If this reno doesn’t make me lose weight, I will NEVER lose any. I have climbed enough stairs to last me a lifetime and we haven’t even moved in yet! I keep hoping it will get easier, but each day it gets harder. I get about halfway up the MILLION steps and think… “Crud! Would it be easier to just turn around or keep going?”
I hurt – I don’t think I have hurt this badly since Basic Training (aka: boot camp) a TON of years ago. I can’t lift my arms and I am walking like an old lady – but all the broken tile is GONE and at least half of the 2×2 plywood is gone. I have no clue what those people were thinking nailing down all these pieces of wood!! I saved them, but I have NO CLUE what to do with them. We are saving so much stuff from this house that I am going to have to add on so I have a place to store it all. LOL!
There is a bunch happening, but I have been so busy most days and other days I have forgotten to bring my camera. OOps!. However, I don’t want to keep letting the days go by. So, here is a quick update of what has happened over the past 5 days:
- Siding is almost all done
- All door/opening size changes have been roughed in
- We have water to ALL of the house
- They have built the new master bathroom back wall (we are expanding it a bit) and tore down the old wall.
- All exterior doors are IN (we were missing one for a bit)
- Interior doors have been removed and new ones ordered.
- The plumber and electrician have both started the interior stuff.
- All ceramic tile has been busted and removed (we did this!)
- Kitchen Cabinet Guy came out, I hated his design and I sent him back to work again – hopefully, we will get a design that we like today! I kind of hounded him about sending me something today. 🙂
I think that is about it. Here is another picture…
Remember me telling you about the weird 2×2 squares all over the top floor? You can see them in the picture above. What were they thinking??
The plan for today (day 10) is quite extensive:
- Tubs in
- More electrical run
- Finish siding – maybe power-wash?
- Take up carpet on stairs
- Finish the 2 x 2 squares
- Clear out the bottom floor so concrete can be leveled
- Make plan about ceiling? Remove vents, rent sprayer? Buy Kilz?
- Hound cabinet guy about new drawing
- Buy vanities
- Take old doors to Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore
Follow Along as We Renovate Miller Manor!
- Day One – Begin Demolition and Doing Doors!
- Day Two – Goodbye Ugly flooring!
- Days Three & Four – Goodbye Weird Arches and Hello Hidden Door!
- Days Five through Nine – Goodbye Tile & Weird Wood Squares!
- Days Ten through Twelve – Sneak Peek at my Kitchen!