This DIY Mermaid Massage Soap is so much fun to make! It’s the perfect DIY soap recipe that is great for making your own soap at home. All you need are a few simple soap supplies and you’ll be well on your way to being a soap master in no time at all. Check out my other great Homemade Soap Recipes for even more great DIY ideas.
If you’re a fan of all things mermaid tails, you’re not going to want to miss out on this simple soap activity.
Once you make the blue layer, you’re going to love the process and enjoy it so much! I also love trying other colors like purple as well! Don’t forget the glitter – this gives it that mermaid look!
You’re going to have so much fun as you pour the last layer and spray the top as well. You can also vary up the essential oils used in the recipe as well.
When making homemade soap, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Must Have Resources:
When making soap at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
DIY Mermaid Massage Soap
Are you new to making homemade soap? I totally get it- I was once right there with you. But once I learned how fast and simple it was to make soap, I knew that it was a skill that I’d be using for a long time moving forward! Below are some simple tips to help you make homemade soap.
Check out this guide for Four Ways to Make a Soap Base! Full of great tips on what prevents bubbles from forming, how to cut soap base into squares, and the best way to spray the mold, too.
This list of Homemade Soap Molds will talk about how to use rubbing alcohol and pour it into the molds, and also how to use the mold with the rubbing alcohol, too.
Make certain that you store in an airtight container or a ziploc bag until ready to use. You also want to let the soap harden for at least one hour before attempting to remove it from the mold. Otherwise, you might break it into pieces.
Benefits of massage soap
If you’re new to massage soap, there are a few things to keep in mind. This soap looks like other soaps but it also helps soothe as well.
What is a massage bar soap?
Basically, this type of soap will help to give your body a soft and hydrated feel and look. It’s great for rubbing into the skin and using during your baths or home spa days.
Are massage bars soap?
Technically, yes. But the main purpose is to hydrate the skin, not necessarily clean. You’ll have other bars of soap for cleaning as this isn’t the purpose of the soap.
Is bar soap bad for your skin?
There are some bar soaps that are harsher on skins than others but this massage soap recipe is made with ingredients that should be gentle on your skin.
- 1-lb of suspension soap base
- 1-2 tsp Pina colada scented oil
- 1-3 drops of teal, light blue and purple soap colorant
- 1-2 teaspoons of glitter, various colors
- 1 microwave safe bowl
- measuring cups
- Soap mold
- Spray bottle full of rubbing alcohol
- Cut the soap base into squares. Once done, add to your microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and repeat the process until melted. Add in the oil. Separate the mixture into three different bowls.
- Add in up to 2 drops of your coloring, a different one in each bowl.
- Add in the glitter and mix.
- Use rubbing alcohol and spray the mold. Once done pour the soap into the mold. It should fill enough to cover the cavities. Spray the top with more rubbing alcohol. Let it harden for 1 hour.
- If you want to see if the soap is ready, blow on it. If there are ripples, it's not ready.
- Spray the teal layer with the rubbing alcohol as this helps the layers stick together a bit better. Pout in the blue, stopping about halfway from the top of the very first layer. Then you want to spray that with rubbing alcohol. Let harden for 2 hours.
Spray the blue with rubbing alcohol then pour on the purple soap. Spray with rubbing alcohol and allow 24 hours before trying to remove.
- When you're ready to take out, pop them out and put them in an airtight container.
More Soap Recipes:
A tad bit about Rocky Mountain Oils:
Shipping – All orders within the United States qualify for free economy shipping. Orders have an estimated delivery time of 2-7 business days! They even have a neat little chart to help you estimate your shipping time if choosing the free shipping option.
Return Policy – Products can be returned for any reason, even if opened, for up to 90 days. Yes, seriously! They even send you a shipping label so you don’t have to pay to return the product. No more worries about “what if it doesn’t work or I am allergic” simply return it!
Safe and Healthy – RMO provides GC/MS (Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry) test results from a verified third-party, independent lab for each one of their essential oil products. In fact, on the bottom of your bottle is a batch number. You can go to their site and enter your number. This will give you the results of your bottle’s testing!