Maine is one of the most beautiful states in the U.S. As the second-most northern state in the country (only Alaska is located farther to the north), Maine experiences some seriously snowy winters. But it also enjoys glorious autumns and warm summers.
There’s a lot more to learn about Maine and these Maine crafts for kids are a fun way to introduce this state to the children. Be sure to add these crafts to your Maine unit study for some hands-on crafting fun the kids will love!
Studying more about the geography of the United States? Learn about another New England state with these Vermont state books for kids!
Maine Crafts for Kids:
1. Maine is known for its lobsters. They’re often harvested right off the coast and served fresh in local restaurants. This sweet Lobster Footprint Craft is a cool craft to make with a little one!
2. Discover the snowy winters of Maine with this super cute Fingerprint Snow Globe Craft!
3. One of Maine’s state animals is the moose. These amazing mammals live in the wild forests of the state. Your kids will love this simple Coffee Filter Moose Craft!
4. It’s common to see sailboats floating on the Atlantic Ocean off Maine’s coast. Let the kids build their own floating vessels with this Twig Boat Craft!
5. The honey bee is the state insect of Maine. This adorable Cardboard Tube Bee Craft is just too cute!
6. Did you know that Maine’s state dessert is the whoopie pie? Put a twist on the classic version with these Sweet Potato Maple Syrup Whoopie Pies you can share with the family!
7. Take a pretend trip to Maine’s seashore and make this sweet Seashell Memory Craft!
8. Maine is one of the largest producers of blueberries in the U.S. In fact, the blueberry is Maine’s state berry! Have your preschoolers “bake” their own dessert with this Blueberry Pie Craft!
What Maine crafts for kids can you think of? Share your ideas in the comments!