Everyone in the house will love this Little Mermaid Popcorn Recipe! It’s the perfect way to add a fun snack to movie night! Simple popcorn recipes like this are the best!
If you want a fun snack that kids and adults will love, get ready to grab handful after handful! So good – and so simple and easy to make!
Call this a dessert popcorn, gourmet popcorn, or just a fun, sweet, and salty treat. But the colors and shapes in this popcorn recipe make it the perfect “under the sea popcorn” treat!
Little Mermaid Popcorn Recipe
The fun colored chocolate melts make this a bright array of colors! This easy mermaid popcorn recipe would be perfect for a movie night, birthday party, baby shower, or a fun way to snack the night away.
This is the one for you if you want a sweet treat without much work or hassle. It’s a simple and easy way to surprise the family with one recipe they’ll be filling both hands full of.
My boys have commented how they like this popcorn recipe’s different textures and flavors, so that means it’s a hit!
How do I store dessert popcorn?
Dessert popcorn can be a fun and tasty snack, but it’s essential to store it properly to maintain its freshness. The best way to store it is in an airtight container, such as a plastic container or a sealable bag.
This will help prevent any moisture or air from getting in and causing the popcorn to become stale.
Additionally, storing the container in a cool, dry place is essential. Heat and humidity can also affect the quality of the popcorn.
If you’ve made different popcorn flavors, label the containers so you can easily identify which one you’re reaching for.
Following these simple steps ensures that your dessert popcorn stays fresh and delicious for days.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Mermaid Popcorn Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Under the Sea Popcorn at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
I’ve been a fan of planning meals for years! It’s one of my favorite ways to get ahead and ensure we never have to stress out over what is for dinner!
Main Dish: Chicken Pasta Bake Recipes
Vegetable Side: Pan Fried Potatoes and Carrots Recipe
Starch Side: Healthy Butternut Squash Fries Recipe
Refreshing Drink: Pineapple Mint Spritzer Mocktail Recipe
Best Popcorn Recipes:
Once you make this Easy Little Mermaid Popcorn Recipe, you’ll crave more of those fun flavors. Here are some of my favorite recipes for popcorn!
Make a batch of this Easter Popcorn Recipe for the holiday!
Everyone in the family will love eating this Addictive Rolo Popcorn Recipe!
This Party Popcorn Recipe is one of the best flavors!
If you need a sweet for your sweets, try this easy Valentine Popcorn!
Homemade Popcorn Balls are so much fun to make as a family.
This Peanut Butter Popcorn is the best! I love the taste and flavor!
Make this simple and easy Super Sweet Nutella Popcorn Recipe!
How do I melt candy melts?
Melted candy melts are a popular and versatile ingredient in candy making. Fortunately, melting candy melts is quite simple.
There are two popular methods to do this, the microwave method and the stovetop or double boiler method. Both melt the candy melts efficiently, but the microwave method is usually faster.
Using the microwave is as easy as nuking the candy melts at 50% power in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until they are completely melted.
For the stove or double boiler method, melt the candy melts over low heat in a pan or a double boiler, stirring regularly until they are completely melted.
It’s essential to avoid overheating or burning the candy melts, so be sure to check them frequently.
With these simple methods, you’ll be melting candy melts in no time and creating tasty treats!
More Mermaid Recipes:
- 8 cups of Popcorn
- 2 cup of Mini Pretzel Sticks
- 4 ounces of Pink Chocolate Melts
- 4 ounces of Blue Chocolate Melts
- 4 ounces of Lavender Chocolate Melts
- Sprinkle mix with Pink, White, and Lavender sprinkles
- Edible Gold Glitter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the popcorn and pretzels on it evenly.
- If the pretzels are long, break them in half.
- Put the chocolate melts in a microwave-safe bowl and melt for 30-second intervals, stir, and then melt for 15 seconds. Do this until smooth.
- Once melted, place the melted chocolate into a piping bag.
- Cut off the tip of the bag.
- Do this step for all of the colored melting chocolates.
- Start with one bag of melted chocolate and hold it over the popcorn. Squeeze it in a zig-zag motion over the top of the popcorn.
- Repeat this same process with all the melted chocolate colors.
- With the remaining chocolate, fill the shell molds and then put them in the freeze for 5-8 minutes.
- Once done, put the mold on a flat surface and pull each side so that the chocolate separates from the sides.
- Turn the mold over and let the molded chocolate fall out.
- Repeat for all colors of the chocolate. (the chocolate may harden so be sure to microwave it for 15-30 seconds to use its liquid form)
- Scatter the shell chocolate molds over the popcorn.
- Break apart the popcorn with your hands. Leave a few chunky pieces.
- Put the popcorn in a bowl or box.
- Add any remaining chocolate pieces on top.
If any chocolate shells break, fix them by using some warm chocolate to reattach the pieces. Give it about 2 minutes to cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 369Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 6gSugar: 21gProtein: 8g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 7/7/2023
When will you serve this Magical Popcorn recipe?