When I was a kid, I wanted to go to Los Angeles more than anything in the world. I even packed up my toys in two garbage bags and put them on my bicycle handlebars and thought I was going to bicycle out there myself…at age 8. Needless to say, I didn’t make it…lol.
But it’s easy to see why I wanted to go to L.A. It’s such a glamorous place, especially for kids! There are movie stars there and high-rise buildings and gorgeous beaches to explore! Don’t plan your trip without this list of kid-friendly things to do in Los Angeles, CA! In this list, you’ll find museums, amusement parks, beaches, sporting events, and more! Be certain to check out our Kid Friendly Things to do in the United States!
Get the kids excited for your trip to Hollywood by watching these Oscar-nominated movies for kids on a family movie night!
Kid Friendly Things to do in Los Angeles, CA
1. Get a look at outer space at the amazing Griffith Observatory – a colossal planetarium and telescope that offers stunning views of the Los Angeles skyline, the Hollywood sign, and even the Milky Way!
2. Take the kids out to the ball game and enjoy an L.A. Dodgers baseball game at Dodgers Stadium, one of the oldest baseball stadiums in the country!
3. Disneyland isn’t actually located in L.A. It’s a short ride away in Anaheim. But when your kids find out where they’re going, they’ll happily endure the wait! Be sure to check out Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Sleeping Beauty’s castle while you’re there!
4. If you and the kids love movies, don’t miss a chance to visit the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Along the sidewalk, you’ll see handprints and stars honoring famous celebrities of film, stage, and screen. Let your kids find a favorite star and take a selfie!
5. The Santa Monica Pier is a must-do if you visit the L.A. area during summer. There are restaurants, a carousel, and a beach to explore. Plus, the kids will love the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium and the Pacific Park Amusement Park!
6. And for the biggest movie buffs, a trip to Universal Studios is definitely worth the trip! At this park, kids can go “behind the scenes” of famous movies and ride attractions based on them, including King Kong 360 3-D, Despicable Me Minion Mayhem, and Jurassic Park: The Ride.
7. Older kids who are interested in art will love a visit to The Getty Center. This free museum is home to ancient and modern masterpieces and outdoor gardens that are works of art in themselves!
8. Dinosaur fans will love the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum! This site is still under excavation and kids can watch paleontologists at work discovering new fossils! Plus, the museum features plenty of exhibits about the Ice Age, including fossils from 650 different animal species!
9. Get an even deeper look at animal history at the Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History! Exhibits include African Mammals, Birds, Insect Zoo, and a Dinosaur Hall. And kids can explore hands-on history at the Discovery Center!
10. Of course, no family vacation is complete without a trip to the zoo! At the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens, you’ll get to see reptiles, mammals, invertebrates, and more up close! The special Rainforest of the Americas exhibit gives kids a chance to see native rainforest animals, such as snakes, otters, eagles, and piranhas in a natural habitat!
Kid Friendly Travel Resources:
Are you prepared to travel with your kids? The following things will help you on your journey!