I was challenged to create a yummy recipe using International Delight for Tap Influence. Holy Smokes! I have had a blast with my 1/2 gallon of Iced Coffee! I have made a couple shakes, and cake, and a yummy glaze! I still have plenty left and can’t wait to see what else I can come up with. I am not a coffee drinker but I love the “fun” coffees like: latte, macchiato, espresso! I like sweet and the Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee fits the bill.
Using the International Delight Iced Coffee in this cake made it sweet and creamy and kept it super moist! My boys are in love with it. Most coffee cakes are called that because you are supposed to eat them with coffee. This is a coffee cake because it USES coffee!
Caramel Macchiato Coffee Cake
Sweet and delicious International Delight Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee make a delicious topping for this chocolate chip cake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee (International Delight)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a Bundt pan (like an angle food pan).
- 2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- 3. Beat butter & cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well-blended (about 30 seconds). Beat in 1 1/14 cups sugar and vanilla extract until mixture is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time allowing egg to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next.
- 4. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the Iced Coffee, mixing until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips, mixing just enough to evenly combined.
- 5. Mix pecans, 1/4 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle into bottom of the Bundt pan – cover with batter mixture.
- 6. Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean – 50-55 minutes. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting on a wire rack. Drizzle glaze over the top and garnish with powdered sugar. Serve warm
1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and the Iced Coffee until completely smooth. Immediately drizzle glaze over the cake.
Though I actually have TWO favorite (or three) International Delight Flavors, the ones that puts me into a panic when I run out is the International Delight Iced Caramel Macchiato! Seriously, just yesterday my poor husband had to make a run into town (25 minutes each way) to get me some more because I ran out!
The flavor is to die for and the color reminds me of wet sand at the beach… my pretty Chihuahua that is no longer with us, and gorgeous fall!
What’s Your ID? International Delight is looking for their most passionate flavor fans. Put your ID on the map to enter to win a Magical Trip, play games and discover more unexpected delight. Share your ID flavor at http://whatsyourid.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.
Love the Decor
Wednesday 15th of May 2013
YUM!! found you from the tasty tuesday party