As you Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle in preparation of Earth Day, make sure you take some time to also teach your children about our solar system for kids! These Books about Planet Earth for Kids will help you tell the children everything there is to know about our great World.
Books About Planet Earth for Kids:
1. Written by Alexander G. Michaels and published by eBook Kids, “Planet Earth! A Kids Book About Planet Earth – Fun Facts & Pictures About Our Oceans, Mountains, Rivers, Deserts, Endangered Species & More” is a nonfiction journey through our Planet Earth. This book is filled with vivid, wonderful photographs that will show up great on Kindles, iPads, tablets and PCs. This children’s ebook will make learning for kids a fun experience.
2. Powerful weather, bursting volcanoes, sparkling gemstones, and more will fascinate science and fact-hungry kids. Experience the whirl of a hurricane, dig deep and learn about the rocks that make up our planet, and discover the amazing feeling of a rainstorm. National Geographic Kids brings readers some of their reader’s favorite science topics in one convenient package. Fascinating science information is accompanied by wonderful photographs to ensure that kids’ natural curiosity is both satisfied AND inspired.
3. Answering a multitude of questions about how our world works, this fun, engaging book introduces the earth’s important cycles and offers an exciting way to learn geography and science. Packed with illustrations and paper fold-outs, flaps, pops, and more to boost interactive learning, HOW THE WORLD WORKS encourages children to think about the impact of human actions on our environment, while engendering respect for the natural world and all its harmonies.
4. TIME for Kids The Big Book of Why: Stellar Space answers the why, what, when, where, who and how questions about earth and space that kids commonly ask, but adults can rarely answer. Why don’t we fall off the planet? Why is the sky blue? Why are diamonds so rare? Why is the sun so bright? Where does our solar system end?
Written in an upbeat manner, each answer is accompanied by either a photo or an illustration to show the reasons why. Of course, TIME For Kids goes beyond answering the question, and dips into the science or history to further explain the answer in an easy-to-follow, straightforward manner.
TIME For Kids The BIG Book of Why: Stellar Space is a must-have book to satisfy the most curious of kids.
5. Learn about oceans, continents, and everything that makes up our earth with Discovery Kids! This book includes 3D glasses to help the stickers and pictures in this fun fact book come to life! It’s a great way for kids to practice reading comprehension and learning skills while having fun.
6. Want to learn about this planet called Earth?
Here are 70+ pages of full color photos and facts about the planet we live on called Earth.
What are the 10 highest mountains, the biggest waterfalls, the longest rivers?
Don’t know? Well, the answers can be found in Planet Earth!
This book it has been written with an older child it mind but it will also be fascinating when shared with a younger child during quality read to me time.
7. There is plenty on the news about changes in Earth’s climate, but there are precious few references for explaining Earth’s science to the audience who needs to understand it most-today’s children. In this newest addition to the critically acclaimed Science Kids series, basic facts about Earth are explained in easy-to-understand language and engaging illustrations. New vocabulary is defined on every page, and a section of great projects for hands-on learning completes this useful resource that covers environments, geological forces, weather and climate, and the incredible diversity of life on Earth.
I hope you and your kids enjoy learning about our wonderful planet with these books about Planet Earth for kids!