Do you need a quick snack or appetizer idea? This Bacon Water Chestnut Bites Recipe is fast and delicious! It’s the perfect addition to any party menu or family gathering!
A delicious starter recipe for parties and events is never a bad idea. Just gather the simple pantry staples to get started.
While I like to label this as a great appetizer or starter, you can eat it anytime. Even enjoying it as a snack when you don’t feel like cooking a full meal is totally doable and delicious.
Bacon Water Chestnut Bites Recipe
My boys are bacon hounds, so this recipe was a hit right from the start. You can’t go wrong with making this one – just be ready for them to go quickly.
You can also easily change the flavor by changing the type of bacon that you use. There is thick-cut bacon, sweet bacon, and even spicy bacon as an option, too.
The more you make this tasty dish, the more ideas you’ll have in making it unique each time. That’s all part of the fun of cooking!
What does a water chestnut taste like?
Water chestnuts have a unique flavor that’s hard to describe. Some people liken it to a cross between a potato and an apple, while others describe it as sweet and nutty.
The taste can vary depending on how they’re prepared – if they’re raw, they can be crunchy and refreshing, but if they’re cooked, they can take on a softer texture and absorb the flavors of the other ingredients.
Some people enjoy eating water chestnuts alone, while others prefer to use them as a crunchy addition to salads, stir-fries, and other dishes.
Overall, if you’re looking to try something new and exciting, water chestnuts are a great option to consider!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Crunchy Bacon Bites Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
Must Have Resources:
When making Water Chestnuts wrapped in Bacon at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Make it a Meal:
Meal planning is the easiest way to avoid stressing out what to make on the fly. Take a few moments to prep and plan, and you’ll love the outcome.
Vegetable Side: Pan Fried Potatoes and Carrots Recipe
Starch Side: Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries
Refreshing Drink: Cotton Candy Mocktail Recipe
Don’t forget Dessert: Strawberry Chocolate Chip Rice Krispies Recipe
Best Appetizer Recipes:
Once you make this Bacon Appetizer Recipe, keep building that recipe book full of other tasty ideas. Having a good batch of delicious dishes is one of the best ways to plan for parties and holidays.
Here are a few of my favorite appetizer recipes that show how versatile and delicious they can be.
This Creamy Buffalo Wings Recipe is perfect for your next game day celebration!
Don’t miss out on making this Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe. A little spice is good!
Chicken Taquitos are tasty and delicious and can be a starter or a meal.
Use this list of Kid-Friendly Appetizers to have plenty of food options on hand.
The flavor of this Baked Brie Appetizer would be perfect for the holiday table.
The best part about making this Macho Nachos Appetizer is that there is more than enough to share.
Use these Red White and Blue Appetizers as a great way to have food for the summer parties and BBQs!
At what temperature is bacon fully cooked?
Bacon is one of the most popular breakfast foods in the United States. When cooked correctly, it can be crispy, flavorful, and satisfying. But how do you know when it is fully cooked?
The answer is simple – the temperature! According to the USDA guidelines, bacon should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.
This temperature ensures that harmful bacteria are destroyed and the bacon is safe to eat.
To achieve this temperature, you can use a cooking thermometer to check the internal temperature of the bacon. Understanding the importance of cooking bacon correctly is essential to avoid foodborne illnesses.
So the next time you cook bacon, remember that the temperature is crucial for a safe and tasty breakfast.
More Bacon Recipes:
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Cheeseball Recipe
- Beans and Bacon Soup Recipe
- Homemade Turtles Candy Recipe (with bacon!)
- 8 strips center-cut bacon
- 1/3 cup of gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 8-oz. can water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup of Greek yogurt
- 2½ Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp hot sauce
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Cut the strips of bacon in half, lengthwise, and then cut each strip into three equal sections. This should make 48 pieces. Set them aside.
- Mix the honey and soy sauce in a bowl, and then add the water chestnuts. Turn them to coat. Marinate them at room temperature for 30 minutes. Turn them 2-3 times during that timeframe.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Put a metal rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and spray it with nonstick spray.
- Drain the water chestnuts but keep the marinade. Wrap each chestnut with a piece of the cut bacon, and then repeat with a second strip of bacon on the opposite side. Secure the bacon with a toothpick, then place it on the baking rack.
- Repeat this process with all the water chestnuts. Brush the top of each appetizer with reserved marinade and then place the prepared baking sheet into the oven for 20 minutes. Once that time has passed, brush more marinade on before putting the pan back into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- While the chestnuts are cooking, mix the yogurt, mustard, cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Once the time is done with the oven, remove the pan and serve immediately. Put the spicy mustard dip into bowls for a dipping sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 40Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 706mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix on 7/14/2023
Are you going to make this Bacon Appetizer for a party?