Earlier this week, we did a fun Find the Letter: X is for Xylophone worksheet. Keep the pre-reading going with these fun Xylophone Books for Kids! When you read to your child, you improve the parent/child bond, improve their reading skills, and improve your child’s vocabulary! So take time to read – read lots and LOTS of books. There are enough books here to last a couple weeks or to give you plenty of choices for the best fit(s) for your family.
Xylophone Books for Kids
From stories to music books – these books will help you teach your kids everything there is to know about the Xylophone!
1. Xavier Ox is a wonderful musician when he arrives at Alpha Betty’s school, so when his home-made drum set falls apart Alpha Betty and his classmates experiment with building him an extra-strong xylophone.
2. Each page features lyrics set to a familiar song and a simplified version of the melody’s sheet music. Children can use the detachable xylophone mallet to play along with the melody. Each page is displayed horizontally so that children can see the open pages directly over the xylophone keys. When the child presses an icon button, a melody will play. At the same time, a bright LED for each note lights up in sync with the melody, so children can follow along with the xylophone mallet. In addition, children can use their imaginations and create songs on their own.
3. Parfy and Bunnee, both muddy and funny, are up to their usual antics of digging holes. But something unusual catches the attention of the naughty pair as music and mystery float in the air!
4. Packed with fun for preschool children, the bestselling Merry-Go-Round books are filled with activities that entertain while they teach. Cheerful, full-color illustrations featuring Caillou, and more than 50 stickers will delight children, while the educational activities will improve their observation and reasoning skills. Parents will appreciate the notes that explain the objective of each activity and help them to encourage their child’s learning.
5. Each page is dedicated to a Wiggles song and includes both lyrics and color coded musical notes which match the colors of the Xylophone. The are also buttons corresponding to each page which play a recorded version of the song.
6. In this third and exciting new book in the new Countdown Mysteries™ series, we catch up again with the three young detectives who together use their combined detective skills, and high-tech devices, to solve mysteries and crimes in their town of Anchor Bay. A desperate thief hits the Anchor Bay Art Gallery, apparently stealing nothing at all, and leaving the gallery staff and police totally baffled. Then their new friend’s precious musical instrument is mysteriously stolen from the concert hall just days before an important concert, leaving Roly, Nine and Charlie with no idea that one situation is inextricably connected to the other in some way. Can the members of D.I.G. come together again and use their combined detective skills to save the day… and all before the countdown clock runs out?
7. Dora the Explorer Xylophone Play-Along Songbook is an interactive songbook with a toy xylophone attached for children ages 18 months and older. Children can develop their musical skills and hand-eye coordination by playing songs that feature Dora the Explorer, Map, Boots, and other favorite characters from the Nickelodeon TV show. Each page of the book has lyrics set to a familiar song and a simplified version of the melody’s sheet music. Children can use the detachable xylophone mallet to play along with the melody. Each page is displayed horizontally so that children can see the open pages directly over the xylophone keys.
8. Aura Corinne Speltzman has two problems: the kids at school and the sudden disappearance of her only friend, an invisible zebra named Harold. But everything flips upside-down when Aura’s new best-friend-to-be arrives on a thunderbolt in the middle of the night. Squinting through the storm from her bedroom window, Aura watches a family drop out of the lightning into the empty house across the yard. Loud laugh and sunshine yellow braids down her back, Eva (‘Eve’) von Brandt introduces herself: life will never be the same.
9. The Disney Princess Xylophone Book: Play-Along Princess Songs is an interactive play-and-learn xylophone book designed to help children develop music skills and hand-eye coordination. Designed for children ages 18 months and older, each page of the book features lyrics set to a familiar song and a simplified version of the melody’s sheet music.
I hope you and your kids have fun learning about the Xylophone!