Everyone loves Rice Krispies treats! They are so easy to make (without turning on the oven!), fun to eat, and perfect for any kids’ get-together. These Rice Krispies Treats are Underwater themed! Perfect for an Under the Sea party, even kids can help make these Underwater Octopus treats.
This recipe is very forgiving – as long as the mix is somewhat warm, it is easily moldable, which makes it perfect for little helpers!
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 package (10 oz) marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 drops blue food coloring
- Green (or assorted colors) sprinkles
- M&Ms for the octopus's eyes
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the blue food coloring to the marshmallow mixture and stir until the color is uniform. Stir in the Rice Krispies with a wooden spoon until well coated with the blue marshmallow mixture.
- While the mixture is still warm (but be careful it's not too hot, especially if little ones are helping), shape the Rice Krispie mixture into ovals. Attach 8 "legs" to the base of each oval, rolling them out with your hands. As long as the mix is warm, these should attach easily.
- Dot each octopus's arms with green sprinkles, and add 2 M&Ms to each oval to make the eyes.
- Place all the octopuses on a sheet and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
If you want, you can add to your undersea theme by making some starfish – I simply flattened the mixture and used a star cookie-cutter to cut out some star shapes. Then I just curved the arms to make them look like they were floating underwater.
Find more Rice Krispie Treat inspiration on the Rice Krispies Pinterest page!
Disclaimer – I received compensation for this post, but any opinions stated are my own!