I’m so excited about this week’s addition to our mini-dessert recipes collection – a Hershey Chocolate Cupcake Recipe!
I’m a huge fan of Hershey’s chocolate – as evidenced by my growing collection of dessert recipes like my 10-minute S’mores Cake and 1-minute Lava Cake featuring Hershey’s chocolates – so I always have a bit of a stash in the kitchen that I’m just looking for excuses to play with!
This Hershey’s Chocolate Cupcake Recipe uses their decadent Cookies & Cream candy bars in both the batter and the frosting, making for a rich and ultra-indulgent dessert.
I took it easy on myself and used a white cake mix for the cupcake, simply breaking up bits of Hershey’s Cookies and Cream bars and stirring them in to the batter. They melted really nicely and brought an amazing richness to the cupcake.
The frosting was pretty easy too – and it’s from scratch! I simply melted some extra squares of the Cookies & Cream chocolate bar and stirred in some icing sugar to get a nice thick texture. Add a bit of butter if you overdo the icing sugar and the frosting gets too tough.
My daughter loved these cupcakes – quickly pointing out how much they look like “Dalmation Cupcakes.” These would be great for a puppy-themed birthday party, or a farm themed birthday party as “Cow-spot Cupcakes.” Either way these are super cute and delicious!
- 1 box white cake mix, made to box directions
- 2 Hershey's Cookies & Cream bars, or 16 mini bars
- 2-3 cups icing sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter, if needed
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Make cupcakes according to box directions. Stir in broken pieces of one Cookies & Cream bar and portion out ¼ cup of batter into prepared cupcake liners. Bake to box directions.
- Make the frosting by melting the second bar in the microwave in 20 second bursts, stirring in between each heating to prevent scorching. Stir in the icing sugar to achieve your desired texture - add in a bit of butter if the frosting gets too thick and stiff.
- Frost cupcakes with a Wilton 1A frosting tip and garnish with a small square of Hershey's Cookies & Cream chocolate.
How amazing does that cupcake look? Not bad for a boxed cupcake hack!
What’s your favourite candy bar? Leave us a comment and we’ll try to add it to our candy bar cupcake recipes!