I challenged Minnie with making my Impossible Taco Pie into a healthier/lighter version and she did! Zachary (9) went to her house and ate dinner with her last night so he could give his impression of hers versus mine. Here’s what he said in response to my “So, which one did you like better” question:
Well, actually Momma, it is really hard to say. They aren’t the same, so I can’t say which is better. I REALLY, REALLY like yours, like a BUNCH. But, I really really liked her’s too! They are just not the same thing. It would be like choosing between hamburgers and french fries. I really like them both, but not one more than the other.
Ha, so there you go, from my little Diplomat
From Minnie: Heart Smart Bisquick and EggBeaters work together to tone down the spicy taco flavoring in this dish, making it perfect for little kids and old people alike! And the lean turkey, the Almond Milk, and the fat free cheese work together to make this dish lower in calories and as healthy as can be! Great taste and great for you – who could ask for more?
- 20 ounces Butterball extra lean 97% fat free ground turkey
- 1 seasoning blend muffin
- 3 tablespoons Tone’s Taco Seasoning with no MSG
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes
- 1 cup of Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ cup of Heart Smart Bisquick baking mix
- ½ cup EggBeaters
- ½ cup Kraft fat free cheddar cheese
- • Preheat oven to 400°. And Grease deep dish, 10 inch pie plate.
- • Brown & drain meat (if you don’t already have some browned), then add seasoning blend (I had celery, onions, yellow & green bell peppers in my blend), and taco seasoning, and cook until veggies are tender. Mix in Rotel.
- • Spread into greased pie plate.
- • Beat milk, eggs, and Bisquick until smooth. Then pour over meat mixture.
- • Bake about 25 minutes.
- • Top with cheese and bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (approximately 10 more minutes)
- • Allow to stand 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, more cheese, onions, and sour cream.
NOTE: You can use your own brands of products, these are just what Minnie used! This post is not sponsored by any of the names mentioned.