These Find a Letter Worksheets are part of our ocean animals unit study! They will help your Preschool aged children work on improving their cognitive skills.
These Ocean Animals Letter Find Worksheets are a great way to help your child with learning letter recognition. It is like a little game to your child, and it’s so much fun to watch their eyes light up as they find the letters they are looking for.
Plus, I’ve also included many other ways you can expand on this lesson at the end of this post.
Ocean Animals Unit Study: Letter Finds
I am sharing these free printables and other resources to help you plan your Ocean Animals Unit Study.
I hope you find these homeschooling freebies useful for you in your homeschool classes!
What is this printable?
This printable pdf pack includes pretty ocean animals with adorable faces that will appeal to preschool aged children and other children that are starting the “learn to read” process by identifying and recognizing the letters of the alphabet.
Each sheet is for a specific letter. Your children should be able to find all of that letter among a selection of similar letters.
What worksheets are included?
These under the sea worksheets include one sheet for each of the following fun ocean creatures:
- C is for Crab
- D is for Dolphin
- J is for Jellyfish
- O is for Orca Whale
- S is for Sea Turtle
Includes both upper and lower case letters.
Fun ways to use these letter finds:
Just giving a child a worksheet and having them take a go at it isn’t always the best use of that worksheet.
Yes, circling things with a pencil can help improve grasp and fine motor skills, but you can mix things up to make the sheets fun!
Count the Letters
Instead of just having your student circle each letter, have them count the capital letters and count the lower case letters. This will work on counting in addition to letter recognition! I love worksheets that hit on multiple educational skills, don’t you?
Kids love to pay with bingo dobbers – can you blame them? Snatch up a set of these do-a-dot markers and have your kids bop each matching letter. They could even use one color for upper case and a different color for lower case letters.
Bye-Bye Non Matching Letters
Instead of having your child mark the matching letters, you could have them cross out or paint over the ones that don’t match!
I love giving my kids manipulative items like these adorable ocean erasers. They can put one on each of the correct letters of their sheets.
More FREE Sea Creatures Unit Study Freebies and Resources:
Don’t just stop the education with these ocean worksheets for preschool, make sure that your lesson plan includes many ocean printables and theme activities for your children.
I have rounded up multiple sea animals resources below. However, you can also access all of the ocean animals unit study resources here at 3 Boys and a Dog!
- Have a little fun with these Under The Sea Color Pages from Crystal and Company
- Ocean Creatures Sight Word Puzzles from Simple Fun for Kids
- Jellyfish Discovery Bottle from Schooling a Monkey
- Picture Books about Ocean Animals from The Jenny Evolution
- Sea Turtle Unit from Bambini Travel
- Free Ocean Coloring Pages from Something 2 Offer
- Ocean Animals Shadow Matching Cards from Preschool Powol Packets
- Meet the Real Ocean Animals in Finding Dory from FrogMom
- The Best Ocean Animals Preschool Fun from Natural Beach Living
Enhance Your Ocean Themed Learning:
Looking for more fun items, that kids will love, to help you in teaching them about Sea Creatures? You will like these theme add-ons from Amazon!
The following do contain affiliate links.
Ocean Animals Books for Kids
- Ocean Life From A to Z Book and DVD (Readers Book & DVD)
- Easy Make & Learn Projects: Animal Habitats: Reproducible Mini-Books and 3-D Manipulatives That Teach About Oceans, Rain Forests, Polar Regions, and 12 Other Important Habitats
- Awesome Ocean Science (Williamson Kids Can! Series)