Wouldn’t you love to get away to a private island where you could enjoy the sounds and smells?
Maybe you can’t escape reality to your own private island, but how about using this Island Rose Soap Recipe.
At least you’ll be able to enjoy the smells as if you are surrounded by flowers blooming by the water while you’re sipping on a pina colada.
Doesn’t that sound like heaven? We could all use a tropical drink in our life, just make sure it has a little umbrella.
I think we could all use a little island get-away. Even it’s just pretending, I’m happy to go to my island to escape a bit of the day-to-day craziness of life with kids.
This Coconut Rose Soap is so unique because it uses actual rose petals. The mixture of rose and coconut will have your mind drifting away to a tropical place that will relieve stress. So go ahead, make up a batch and enjoy a little stress relief.
We used the melt and pour soap technique for this. It is actually good for all skin types!
Island Rose Soap:
Disclaimer: The links used within this post are affiliate links, so I do make a bit off things if you purchase using my links. However, the opinions stated are my very own
You don’t have to be a chemist to make handmade soap! However, you will need a few materials and ingredients for this recipe, including:
- Soap base
- Dried Rose Petals (crumbled)
- Rose Fragrance Oil
- Coconut Fragrance Oil
- Skin Care Essential Oil Blend
- Large Pyrex measuring cup
- Stirring Stick
- Soap mold (Most often, I use traditional rectangles when I make soap, but the choices are nearly limitless. See all the fun ones I found below?
More DIY Recipes Using Essential Oils:
A beginner’s guide to essential oils
Essential Oil Laundry Detergent Recipe for Hard or Soft Water
Easy DIY Recipe for Essential Oil Aftershave
More Homemade Soap Recipes:
Invigorating Peppermint Soap Recipe Using Essential Oils
Soothing Homemade Oatmeal and Honey Soap Recipe
Essential Oil Soap Recipe for Men
Invigorating Lemon Soap Recipe
Island Rose Soap Recipe
This Island Coconut Rose Soap Recipe uses a melt pour base, essential oils, and rose petals to create silky smooth skin that smells like Paradise!
- 1 pound melt & pour goat milk soap base
- dried rose petals (crumbled)
- 10 drops rose fragrance oil
- 10 drops coconut fragrance oil
- 15 -20 drops of Skin Care Essential Oil Blend
- Silicone soap mold
- Rubbing alcohol in spray bottle
- Large Pyrex measuring cup
- Wooden stir stick
- Cut the soap into 1 inch cubes. Melt the soap in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. If it is not completely melted, put it back on for 10 second increments, until fully melted; stirring each time.
- Add the rose & coconut fragrance
- Add the Skin Care blend
- Mix well
- Add some of the dried rose petals
- Poor into the silicone mold.
- Stir a bit to evenly distribute the rose petals.
- Top with more dried rose petals.
- Spray lightly with rubbing alcohol to reduce bubbles.
- Let set for about 2-3 hours.
- Remove from mold. Using the wavy scraper, cut the soap into 2 inch bars.
A tad bit about Rocky Mountain Oils:
Shipping – All orders within the United States qualify for free economy shipping. Orders have an estimated delivery time of 2-7 business days! They even have a neat little chart to help you estimate your shipping time if choosing the free shipping option.
Return Policy – Products can be returned for any reason, even if opened, for up to 90 days. Yes, seriously! They even send you a shipping label so you don’t have to pay to return the product. No more worries about “what if it doesn’t work or I am allergic” simply return it!
Safe and Healthy – RMO provides GC/MS (Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry) test results from a verified third party, independent lab for each one of their essential oil products. In fact, on the bottom of your bottle is a batch number. You can go to their site and enter your number. This will give you the results of your bottle’s testing!