Is there anything more refreshing than the scent of lemons? Seriously, it will wake you up and energize you with just a quick sniff. I was excited when I created this Invigorating Lemon Soap Recipe because it allows me to start every morning with the fresh scent.
Why would you want to use anything else? Besides cleansing yourself, soap is a great way to get a sniff of a delicious scent that will give you a little boost of energy to get you through the rest of your day.
I don’t know if it’s bad to walk around sniffing your hands, but it’s all I can do after using this Invigorating Soap recipe. I bet I’m being judged, but I’m really okay with it. Maybe they want to smell my hands as well. I bet they’d love it.
The use of essential oils makes this diy soap much safer than a store-bought soap and better for your skin. This is a win-win. Not only does it smell amazing, but it’s good for me! At least I know it isn’t full of the crazy chemicals and fake stuff to make my soap smell good.
Invigorating Lemon Soap:
Disclaimer: The links used within this post are affiliate links, so I do make a bit off things if you purchase using my links. However, the opinions stated are my very own
You don’t have to be a chemist to make handmade soap! However, you will need a few materials and ingredients for this recipe, including:
- Soap base
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Large Pyrex measuring cup
- Stirring Stick
- Soap mold (Most often, I use traditional rectangles when I make soap, but the choices are nearly limitless. See all the fun ones I found below?
More DIY Recipes Using Essential Oils:
A beginner’s guide to essential oils
Essential Oil Laundry Detergent Recipe for Hard or Soft Water
Easy DIY Recipe for Essential Oil Aftershave
Shop My Kitchen:
The following items can be found in my kitchen here at Miller Manor. Simply click the image that interests you – yes, they do contain affiliate links.
More Homemade Soap Recipes:
Invigorating Peppermint Soap Recipe Using Essential Oils
Soothing Homemade Oatmeal and Honey Soap Recipe
- ¾ pound melt & pour soap base
- Lemongrass Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Large Pyrex measuring cup
- Wooden stir stick
- Rectangular silicone mold
- Lemon Zester
- Zest a lemon, enough for 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Sprinkle a little lemon zest in the bottom of each soap cavity
- Cut the soap base into 1 inch chunks.
- Melt the soap base in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. If it is not completely melted, put it back on for 10 second increments, until fully melted; stirring each time.
- Add the remaining lemon zest, 10 drops of lemongrass, and 10 drops of lemon essential oils. Mix well.
- Poor into the silicone mold.
- Let set for about 2-3 hours - until completely hardened
- Remove from soap mold.
A tad bit about Rocky Mountain Oils:
Shipping – All orders within the United States qualify for free economy shipping. Orders have an estimated delivery time of 2-7 business days! They even have a neat little chart to help you estimate your shipping time if choosing the free shipping option.
Return Policy – Products can be returned for any reason, even if opened, for up to 90 days. Yes, seriously! They even send you a shipping label so you don’t have to pay to return the product. No more worries about “what if it doesn’t work or I am allergic” simply return it!
Safe and Healthy – RMO provides GC/MS (Gas Chromatography / Mass Spectrometry) test results from a verified third party, independent lab for each one of their essential oil products. In fact, on the bottom of your bottle is a batch number. You can go to their site and enter your number. This will give you the results of your bottle’s testing!