One of the most popular unit studies for homeschoolers is At the Farm. Kids love to learn about how farms work, what animals live there, and what kind of work farmers do. They usually want to visit one in real life too! The kids are going to love this Farm Animals Unit Study.
Seeing baby chicks running around the chicken coop is such a cute experience for kids. And they’ll love making these adorable chick crafts and activities as part of your At the Farm unit study! Below you’ll find super cute chick crafts, songs, and even sweet treats you can share with the children!
Need more hands-on farm fun? Try some of these cute pig craft projects as well!
18 Cute Chick Crafts and Activities for Kids:
1. These easy Chick Finger Puppets are downright precious! Let the kids act out the song “Old McDonald”!
2. Help little ones learn about circles and practice fine motor skills with these Simple Paper Baby Chicks!
3. Show the kids how to memorize simple rhymes with these baby chick songs and chants!
4. Did you know you can use a fork as an art tool? Try this Chick Fork Painting Craft with your preschoolers!
5. These sweet DIY Paper Chick Corner Bookmarks are a wonderful introduction to origami!
6. Have an old CD or two lying around? Repurpose them with this CD Chick Craft!
7. Make your own pom-poms and then craft this Simple Pom Pom Baby Chick!
8. This Paper Chick Puppet uses a craft stick to really “talk”!
9. Bake up these yummy Easy Chick Cupcakes for a fun snack!
10. Use up a few paper plates to make this easy Paper Plate Spring Chick Craft in no time!
11. This Mini Popsicle Stick Chick Craft is so cute! And the mini craft sticks are perfect for crafting itty bitty baby birds!
12. I love how this Paper Plate Chick Sewing Craft gives kids a chance to practice weaving while making art!
13. Reuse toilet paper rolls to make this Paper Roll Chick!
14. Turn your child’s handprint into a toy with these Handprint Chick Puppets!
15. Even toddlers can paint with this Potato Stamped Chick Craft!
16. This adorable Hanging Paper Chick Craft will be so cute as a DIY mobile!
17. Gather up your spare cotton balls for this Cotton Ball Handprint Chick Craft!
18. Let your little ones get involved with this Easy Preschool Chick Craft!
Farm Animals Unit Study Resources:
Enhance Your Farm Animals Unit Study:
Looking for more fun items to help you in teaching your kids about the Alphabet? Check out my top affiliate picks from Amazon!
At the Farm Books for Kids
- A Day at the Farm: A Book of ABCs
- Baby at the Farm: A Touch-and-Feel Book
- The Year At Maple Hill Farm
Educational Farm Goodies for Kids
- LEGO DUPLO Farm Building Set
- 10Pcs Story Time Finger Puppets
- At The Farm Playset
I also love these little stuffed animal chicks from Etsy. How fun are they?
Which of these adorable chick activities and crafts do you plan to do first? Let us know in the comments!
Sunday 18th of March 2018
So many cute chick activities! I know these were gathered together for kids, but I would totally make some of these myself :-) Love the pom pom chicks and the jar lid string art. Thanks for sharing this on Merry Monday. Pinned.