Dieting? Just trying to eat healthier? Either way, Tilapia needs to be on your menu plan. There are many different ways to cook this delicious, flaky, white fish.
This Blackened Tilapia Recipe calls for several spices and a hot pan. You are your family are going to love all the spices in this fish recipe.
This Blackened Tilapia Recipe is pretty easy to double, just do some more filets and spices. The seasonings will cover another filet or two.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients in the Blackened Tilapia Recipe are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
Must Have Resources:
When making your own ice cream at home, you really need to have the following Amazon affiliate tools on hand.
Classic Nonstick Frying Pan with Cover, 12 Inch, Grey
Spring Chef Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons for Dry or Liquid, Fits in Spice Jar, Set of 6
Fitzroy and Fox Non-Slip Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls with Lids, Set of 3, Blue
Make it a Meal:
Vegetable Side: Keep the calories down with this Cool Cabbage Slaw side dish.
Starch Side: Our Asparagus Risotto would make a delicious and light starch side for this tilapia recipe.
Refreshing Drink: This Cucumber Basil Limeade Drink Recipe is a perfect treat for cooling down after a hot day.
Don’t forget Dessert: After saving all those calories on your meal, you can splurge with these No Bake Reese Squares.
- 4 tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Rinse fillets and pat lightly so they are still slightly wet. This will allow the seasoning to stick.
- Mix together the seasonings and coat the tilapia fillets with the seasoning.
- Over medium to medium-high heat, heat the oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot, add in the fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. The fish is done when it can be easily flaked.
More Tilapia Recipes:
Clean Eating Tilapia Recipe
Parmesan Tilapia over Simple Cherry Tomato Sauce over at Crystal and Company
Easy Crockpot Tilapia Recipes