For a long time, I’ve needed a Grinch printable party set for our fun mini-Grinch parties that we have throughout the holiday season. The kids just love The Grinch and having a little party is definitely the way to go. These are some of my favorite Grinchmas Ideas!
Even if it’s just a fun Grinch crafting party where we make a bunch of Grinch crafts, the kids just love having green heart-filled fun.
Disclosure: I work with Cricut as a Brand Ambassador. This post also contains affiliate links.
Now, I used my Cricut to make this fun Grinch party set using the print and cut function of my Cricut Explore Air 2 and the file will work with any cutting machine that has that type of ability. But you don’t even have to have a cutting machine to make this Grinch party printable set.
You can just print this set and cut them out using your own scissors or an exacto knife. Doesn’t have to be complicated.
So, let’s get making fun Grinch Crafts!
Grinch Printable Party Set
If you’re like “wait, I just wanted to BUY some decorations for a Grinch party, not MAKE anything” I hear you. No judging here–that’s what I did for Grinch parties before I made this set. So, I pulled together some of my favorite Grinch decoration sets that will work for any Grinch party:
Nothing is easier than just having these party supplies delivered, right?!
But since I offered, maybe you’re like, “no way, I’m all in for making my own Grinch party decor”. So, for you, I’ve got an easy tutorial and a few helpful hints, too, below!
What does this printable Grinch party set include?
There’s nothing like having an awesome design for a party set and it being like two items. That’s no fun. So I went overboard and turned these designs into so many options, you can totally make a ton of awesome items to decorate with! Here’s what I made:
- Large Banner Pennants
- Tiny Banner Pennants (like what you could use for a cake banner)
- Cupcake Wrappers
- Thank You Notes
- Various Food Label Tents (both pre-made and customizable)
- Table Scatter Confetti
- Cupcake Toppers
Although you can certainly download and use these Grinch designs to make any The Grinch Who Stole Christmas party decor you might want, I know it’s helpful for you to know what I used so you can make the set just like I did:
- Quality White Card Stock Paper
- Twine or String
- Free Print-and-Cut Files (there are several of these, so scroll on down)
Yeah, and that’s it. Seriously, isn’t that awesome?!
Turning this set of Grinch party printables into actual party supplies is very easy. To make all of these things, all I needed was:
And, like I said earlier, you absolutely CAN make this whole set of Grinch party supplies without using a cutting machine. If that’s the way you’re going, all you’ll need is a pair of scissors or an exacto knife.
Tips and Tricks to Make This Grinch Party Set:
If you have a Cricut or Silhouette, grab your Grinch heart and break those out, because having a cutting machine to make these Christmas theme party supplies is going to make this whole exercise so much faster.
Just check out the easy tutorial below and you’ll have your Grinch party decorations ready in just a few minutes. But if you’re clueless about what you need to do with all these Christmas tree and Grinch printables once you have them in hand…Well, here’s some ideas to explore:
- Use the big circles with the Grinch with the tree featuring the Christmas ornament Christmas star on top for cupcake toppers by taping two on either side of a toothpick with double-stick tape.
- String your mini Grinch banner between two chopsticks to top a cake shaped like “roast beast” (What even does roast beast look like? Who knows?! LOL!).
- Stuff a handful of the Grinch table scatter into each of your party invitation envelopes like confetti. Then when your invitees open the envelope it’ll go everywhere! Too fun not to do it at least once in your life.
- Put a bunch of Christmas craft idea supplies into a basket with some table scatter and let making crafts be your party game!
And a couple of notes about cutting card stock on your cutting machine:
- Make sure you start with a clean knife. You can do that by simply wiping the blade off with some alcohol before starting. A dirty knife can make for very messy cuts and tears in your cardstock, so this is paramount.
- Press your cardstock paper down firmly to the surface of the cutting mat all over–not just around the edges of the paper. If you don’t, it’s possible that the center of the paper will pull up and your design will get caught on the blade and be messed up. This is me, speaking from experience.
Why would someone want to throw a Grinch holiday party?
Throwing a Grinch holiday party can be a fun way to celebrate the holidays while also getting into the spirit of giving. The Grinch is a character from the Dr. Seuss book, “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
In the story, the Grinch is a grumpy and selfish creature who hates the holidays. However, after he learns the true meaning of Christmas, he has a change of heart and decides to give back to those around him.
Throwing a Grinch holiday party is a great way to teach kids the importance of giving, especially during this time of year. It can also be a lot of fun decorating with green and red decorations and eating holiday-themed foods.
So if you’re looking for a unique way to celebrate the holidays, consider throwing a Grinch holiday party.
What should I serve at my Grinch party?
December is a time for celebration, and what better way to celebrate than with a Grinch-themed party? In addition to decorating with green and red streamers, consider serving some of the following Grinch-inspired dishes.
For appetizers, try serving spinach-artichoke dip in bread bowls shaped like hearts. For the main course, roast beef tenderloin with a green peppercorn sauce is sure to please.
And for dessert, what could be more festive than a towering Grinch cake made from devil’s food cake and piled high with green frosting?
With a little planning and creativity, you can throw a Grinch party that will be sure to impress your guests.
How can I make my Grinch party stand out from others?
When it comes to hosting a Grinch party, there are a few key elements that can help to set your event apart from the rest. First, consider adding some unique décor items that capture the spirit of the Grinch. Green and red streamers, hanging ornaments, and Christmas lights are all great options.
You can also bake Grinch-themed treats, such as green cupcakes with red frosting or sugar cookies in the shape of the Grinch’s head.
Another way to make your party stand out is by incorporating fun activities that get guests into the holiday spirit. A festive scavenger hunt or a showing of the classic animated movie are both great options. Of course, no Grinch party would be complete without a special appearance from the guest of honor himself!
Dressing up as the Grinch and leading guests in holiday games is sure to be a hit with young and old alike. By following these simple tips, you can host a Grinch party that will be remembered for years to come.
Best Grinch Ideas You Can Make:
Making your Grinch party a success is not going to stop at making your party decorations. You. Will. Need. More–things.
You can’t have a party with just paper goods, right? Also, there’s something about having EVERYTHING that just screams Grinch, am I right?!
But don’t go haring off in the night to rob Whoville for that green-tinted Grinch fix, just grab these fantastic ideas:
- Kid Friendly Grinch Cookie Recipes
- Cake Mix Crinkle Cookies the Grinch Would DESPISE
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas Printables for Kids
- Grinch Recipes and Activities for Kids
- Easy DIY Grinch Gnome
- Quality Card Stock Paper
- Glue Stick, Tape or Glue Dots
- Downloadable Grinch Party Set
- Light Grip Mat
- Working with one sheet at a time, download the PNG Files, then upload each to Cricut Design Space.
- Select "complex" image type. On the next screen, select "continue" and the following screen, select "save as a print and cut project".
- Insert the image onto the next screen, then select "make it".
- Load the white card stock into your printer and print the project.
- Place the printed card stock paper onto your light grip mat as shown on the screen in Cricut Design Space.
- Select medium-thickness card stock as the material.
- Load the light grip mat into your Cricut cutting machine and tell it to cut.
- When the cut is complete, weed the design and repeat with the remaining number of favor boxes you plan to make.
- Make banners with the pennant shapes, invite friends to your party with the invites, anything! I mean, this is a very completely party set for a Grinch Party. There's everything you need to make cupcake toppers, cupcake wrappers, and more. So, just sit back and enjoy!
Now, isn’t that easy?! You’re going to look like the hero of Whoville just by decorating your party with style. So, be sure to pin this to your favorite party ideas board on Pinterest so you can find it again fast when you’re ready to break out the green trees and hearts.