If you have a busy morning at home planned or have company coming over for brunch, Overnight French Toast breakfast recipe is surely a dish that will please a crowd. This one dish meal can be prepared the night before and baked the next day. Baking time is up to 1 hour, so make sure you have the time available to finish up the dish.
It’s much like the French toast you make piece by piece in a skillet, but better.
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Approx 10-12 slices of bread cut into 2 inch strips
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pour melted butter evenly along the bottom of your baking dish.
- Next, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Start by placing the strips of bread in one layer on your dish. Sprinkle with half of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Add another layer of bread and sprinkle with the remaining brown sugar.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla and pour it over all the ingredients. You want to make sure you coat every piece of bread.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat your oven to 350 F and bake with foil for about 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10-15 minutes to achieve a crispy outside and soft inside.
Serve with syrup. You can also top with berries or baked apples for an extra special treat. If you have guests coming, be sure to set up a special French Toast bar stocked with goodies so that your guest can add what they want like: different syrup flavors, powdered sugar, fruits, nuts, peanut butter, and different jellies.
More Homemade Breakfast Recipes:
- Overnight Breakfast Apple French Toast Recipe
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- Strawberry and Coconut Breakfast Casserole
- Easy Skillet Breakfast