I tend to make desserts by the box, but I have found that if you just add one little thing, you get an entirely new, kid-friendly recipe. Seriously, why spend all that time doing the measuring when you can start any recipe with a preset and create amazing boxed cake mix hacks?
My kids are in LOVE with this Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Brownies recipe and it was so simple. Now, I have to keep brownie mix and Reese’s peanut butter chips on hand at all times. LOL!
While I am a straight junk food junkie, brownies tend to be my weakness. Though, I am pretty picky with them! My mom has always put frosting on brownies, so I find it strange to eat them without it. 🙂 Another picky, I don’t like nuts in my brownies! To me, that just ruins the gooey texture of perfect brownies!
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
More Delicious Brownie Recipes:
Over 20 Brownies for a Crowd
- Triple Chunk Boxed Brownies (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 Medium Egg
- ¼ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Baking Chips
- 1 tub of Whipped Chocolate Frosting (I used Duncan Hines)
- Prepare Brownies according to the directions on the box, adding the cup of Reese’s Peanut Butter Baking Chips during the mixing process.
- Allow to cool completely, then frost.
- You can add a sprinkling of extra chips to the top for decoration.
More Cake Mix Hack Recipes:
Do you have a favorite cake mix hack? Leave me a comment with your tip or recipe! Also, be sure to check out some of my other boxed cake mix recipes: