This is just as good as my Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip, Banana bread! I mean seriously, who doesn’t love a slice (or two) of fresh banana bread, particularly when chocolate is involved?
Here’s a surefire chocolate banana bread recipe that will keep everyone coming back for more!
- 6 ripe and mashed bananas
- 1 cup soft margarine
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Lightly oil regular sized loaf pan or 2 9” x 5 “ loaf pans.
- After you have mashed the bananas, place them in a large bowl with the margarine, sugar, vanilla and eggs. Whisk or use an electric mixer until the ingredients are creamy. Add the butter buttermilk and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking soda and Cocoa powder. Whisk until combined fully, but don’t over mix. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your loaf pan(s) and bake on the middle rack for about 50-60 minutes. Your banana bread is done when a toothpick is inserted in the middle and comes out clean.
This recipe makes 2 loaves, but you may want to double the recipe and freeze the extra loaves because they’re so good!
More Banana Bread Recipes:
Loaf Bread Resources:
- Wilton Perfect Results 8-Cavity Loaf Pan, Mini
- OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro 1 Lb Loaf Pan
- Kaiser Bakeware 12-Inch Half Round Loaf Pan