Rosa Parks is often considered as one of the mothers of the American Civil Rights Movement. Her refusal to give up her seat on the bus to a white passenger led to the Montgomery Bus Boycott and became a pivotal point in the use of civil disobedience as a form of protest.
Learning about Rosa Parks is an important part of studying black history with kids and these Rosa Parks printables can help kids learn about her and her life! There are worksheets, word searches, copywork pages, and more below all about Rosa Parks!
For more ways to teach black history, try some of these printable Black History Month worksheets!
On December 1, 1955, African American seamstress Rosa Parks was travelling in a Montgomery City bus when the bus driver asked her to vacate her seat for a white man. The drivers request was standard practice of racial segregation in buses at the time. Rosa Parks refused to leave her seat on the grounds of fairness, freedom and equality. As a result, she was arrested and convicted of violating the laws of segregation, known as the Jim Crow laws. - Time and Date
Rosa Parks Printables:
1. Practice penmanship with these printable Rosa Parks Handwriting Worksheets!
2. Pick up these Rosa Parks and the Montgomery Bus Boycott Notebooking Pages to learn about how the Montgomery Bus Boycott got started!
3. Kids will love completing this printable Rosa Parks Word Search!
4. Read more about Rosa Parks life with this Printable Rosa Parks Biography for kids!
5. Print out this Rosa Parks Coloring Page for some historical coloring fun!
6. These Rosa Parks Day Printables include worksheets and activities for kids about Rosa Parks!
7. Let kids practice finding civil rights terms in this printable Rosa Parks Word Scramble!
8. Use these Rosa Parks Reading Comprehension Printables to make sure kids understand what theyre learning about Rosa Parks!
9. These Rosa Parks Worksheets are helpful for understanding Rosa Parks role in the Civil Rights Movement!
10. This neat Rosa Parks Fill-In-The-Blanks Activity is fun for kids to practice on their own!
11. This Printable Rosa Parks Lesson Plan is handy for putting together your own black history lesson!
12. Download this Ride the Bus with Rosa Parks Worksheet to help kids understand why Rosa Parks refusal to give up her seat was important!
13. Grab these Rosa Parks Notebooking Pages and Unit Study for a complete lesson about Rosa Parks!
14. Heres another Rosa Parks Coloring Sheet that kids will enjoy completing!
15. Test your kids knowledge with this printable Rosa Parks Comprehension Quiz!
16. This Life of Rosa Parks Coloring Page includes the dates of Rosa Parks life!
17. Use this printable Rosa Parks Facts Coloring Page to combine art and history!
18. This Printable Meet Rosa Parks Activity is a fun way to introduce kids to Rosa Parks!
19. Hand out this printable Rosa Parks Crossword Puzzle for kids to complete after their history lesson!
20. These Printable Rosa Parks Primary Source Activities are excellent for older kids who are learning to explore historical primary sources!
21. This handy Printable Rosa Parks Lesson Plan is filled with discussions and activities for studying Rosa Parks!
Rosa Parks Printables and Resources:
These affiliate resources from Amazon are wonderful for reading more about Rosa Parks life!