Christmas is over and the New Year is upon us. Many of us make resolutions to get more organized or decrease clutter. No matter how we word it, it means the same thing: get our house prettier! Why wait until the first to get organized? As you start to take down the Christmas Decorations, make sure you put them away in an organized fashion. Then, you are one step ahead of the game! Here are several ways you can organize Christmas ornaments this year.
How to Organize Christmas Ornaments
1. I have a few super special and quite expensive ornaments – do you have a couple of those? The best way to protect them through the packing and unpacking (assuming you don’t have the original boxes they came in) is to stick each one into a Christmas Stocking and wrap the stocking around it!
2. To keep ornaments and other Christmas Decor from breaking, be sure to pack them in snugly, with padding between. If they can’t shift, they are less likely to shatter.
3. If you still have them, the original boxes the ornaments came in are your best bet for storing your fragile tree decorations – if not, or if you are sick of the stacks of boxes, then invest in a storage container like this 60Pc Christmas Ornament Storage Bag.
4. Every year many people have to buy another box of 200 hooks because their ornaments seem to eat them while hibernating. 🙂 Then, the entire box is “put away” so that you “won’t lose it”. Right? Stop doing that from year to year! In one of your ornament containers, make a space specifically for the extra hooks and extra lights!
5. If you pack your containers with what you’ll need first on top, you can unpack and decorate as you go along instead of having to unload an entire case before getting started. Seriously, this is smart! Personally, we put the biggest ornaments on first and work our way to the smallest. This makes decorating the tree easiest.
Do you have a must-know tip for storing Christmas ornaments? Share it with us in a comment below!