As a busy homeschooling mom, I’m always looking for awesome resources to use with my kids. So I was excited to learn about the Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends book club!
When you join, you’ll receive a Welcome Package with 5 storybooks for just $5.95 plus a FREE Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends Activity Book. Plus, there’s no cost at all for shipping and – for a limited time – you’ll get a FREE Dr. Seuss Reading and Growth Chart! Woohoo!
If you’re thinking of using the Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends book club in your homeschool, here are five ways you can include it in your lesson plans!
Five Ways to Use the Dr. Seuss Book Club in Your Homeschool Plan:
- Use the storybooks as read-aloud books during your reading lesson.
- Have your kids draw a scene from one of the stories as art practice.
- Help your kids practice lines from one of the scenes and act them out.
- Ask one of your older children to read the stories to a younger child. It gives the older child practice reading aloud and helps the younger child develop the habit of reading.
- Build a unit study around one of the books. For example, when you read “Horton Hears a Who”, take the time to learn more about elephants.
Here’s how the Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends book club works: After your Welcome Package, you’ll receive three more Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends storybooks to review and enjoy. If you decide to keep them, they cost just $5.99 per book, with a small charge for shipping and handling.
But what if you decide to cancel the book club? Just return the books at your expense and include a note marked “Cancel”. You’ll receive the purchase price back as a refund!
If you join, you can manage your membership entirely online. That way, you don’t have to try to keep up with subscription cards all month!
Fun Dr. Seuss Activities and Snacks for Kids:
Add to your storybook fun with these fun Dr. Seuss activities and snacks kids will love!
- Make some bright Cat In the Hat Slime for sensory fun!
- Kids will love to use straws to make this colorful Thing 1 and Thing 2 Blow Painting Craft!
- Practice early reading skills with these Dr. Seuss Word Family Hats!
- Share these adorable One Fish, Two Fish Jello Cups with the kids after storytime!
- Use this easy Color Mixing Truffula Trees Craft to teach kids about secondary colors!
- You won’t have any trouble getting the kids to try these Green Eggs and Ham Candies!
- Little ones can practice recognizing letters with this printable Cat In the Hat Alphabet Game!
As Dr. Seuss himself said, “You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read with a child.” Reading with our kids helps us bond with them and introduces them to meter, rhyme, and poetry. Plus, it gets their imaginations up and running!
Dr. Seuss’s books inspire creative thinking and a love for reading, but they’re also just plain fun! Kids of all ages love listening to these stories again and again. And parents will love the positive messages in the stories such as caring for the world around us and being true to yourself.
Plus, for a limited time, you can claim a free Dr. Seuss Reading & Growth chart! As you read the storybooks with your child, you can chart their growth and their reading progress, making the chart into a keepsake you both will treasure for years to come! Use the promo code “BIRTHDAY” to get your chart absolutely free!
Don’t miss your chance to join the Dr. Seuss™ & His Friends Book Club! With memorable stories you can share with your kids, the club is a wonderful resource for homeschooling parents who want to instill a love for reading in their children!