Every child loves to play with puppets, especially ones they make themselves. If you’re like me, you have plenty of popsicle sticks lying around. What better way to make use of all of those than with popsicle stick puppets?
These will help your school aged children work on shapes and fine motor skills including cutting, coloring, and gluing. Kick your child’s imagination into high gear with these Dogs Popsicle Stick Puppets Printables created just for 3 Boys & a Dog readers.
I hope you find these homeschooling freebies useful for you in your homeschool classes!
Today, I am sharing these super cute popsicle stick puppets modeled after man’s best friend, the dog! With two adorable crafts to choose from, you are sure to keep your little one’s attention for hours and have them begging to put on a puppet show for you!
Dog Popsicle Stick Puppet
Here’s what you will need for this project:
First, you will need to print and cut out the puppets. You can choose from either colored or black and white to color yourself!
For Puppet 1, use a glue stick on the popsicle stick to attach to the back of the puppy’s face.
For Puppet 2, use liquid glue to make a triangle with 3 popsicle sticks and glue 1 stick to a corner for a handle. After the glue has dried, use a glue stick on the popsicle stick to attach to the back of the puppy’s face.
And that’s it! The most difficult part about this craft is waiting for the glue to dry! I hope you enjoy and have oodles of fun!!
More FREE Popsicle Stick Craft Resources:
- You’ll love these Popsicle Crafts for Boys!
- This Popsicle Stick Frog Kid Craft will have you hopping with excitement!
- Cure rainy day blues with Over 15 Popsicle Stick Crafts for Kids!
- Display your favorite memories with these Washi Tape Popsicle Frames!
Popsicle Stick Craft Resources:
Check out my top picks from Amazon!
- Wooden Treat Sticks, 100 Pcs
- Elmer’s Washable No-Run School Glue, 4 oz, 1 Bottle (E304)
- Watch them wiggle eyes, Black(500 PIECES) – BULK