I had no idea so many of you wanted a back to school supplies list! I have been on vacation and came home to several emails in my inbox asking for the typical list of supplies. Some of you are homeschooling Moms wondering what things you should stock up on this year because you know all these go on dirt-cheap sales very soon. Some of you are wanting to hit Amazon to get this done and avoid the stores. So, I have both for you!
Click the image below to print out a back to school supplies list to take with you to the stores that have major sales OR scroll down for all the items in link-form so you can purchase them online.
Note: all the links below are to Amazon where I am an affiliate, so I make a few bucks off the sales. Also, I found pre-made kits online. So, scroll to the end of this post for kits by school grade level!
Basic Back to School Supplies List:
I have found that most kids need all of the following. Here in Mobile County, AL, we have to buy multiples of most of these, but that varies with the age of my child and the teacher they have.
- SAVE 56% right now! Crayola Crayons 24 Count – 2 Packs
- Colored Pencils, Assorted Colors, 24 count
- Pencils, #2, Yellow
- Ballpoint Pens, 1.0 mm, Red
- Loose-leaf Filler Paper: wide ruled or college ruled
- Graph Ruled Filler Paper, Reinforced, 100 Sheets
- SAVE 74% right now! Basic Round Ring View Binder, 1 Inch,
- Two-Pocket Insertable Plastic Dividers, 8-Tabs, 1 Set (11907)
- Spiral Notebook, 1-Subject, 70-Count
- SAVE 53% Right Now! 5 Subject Notebook, 200 Sheets
- Two-Pocket Paper Folder with Prongs
- SALE – Only $0.50! Elmer’s School Glue Sticks, .21 oz, 2 Pack
- SALE Only $1.00 Each when you buy in bulk! Kids Scissors,5-Inch Blunt Tip
- SAVE 44% Cap Erasers
- Wood Ruler English and Metric, 12 Inches
Pretty much all of the above PLUS…
- Protractor, compass, etc – go ahead and just get the entire 10-Piece Geometry Kit with Shatterproof Box
- SAVE 40% – Scientific Calculator
- Save 63% when you buy in bulk – Composition Books, 100 College Ruled Sheets
- Save 71% – Index Cards, White, Ruled, 4 x 6
- Save 55% – Highlighters, Fluorescent Yellow
Unusual or Teacher supplies that are always on our lists:
- Ziploc Bags – typically boys bring one size (gallon) and girls bring the other size (quart)
- Paper Towels
- Save 51% – Germ-X Hand Sanitizer
- Save 49% – Copy Paper, 8 1/2″ x 11″
- Save 61% – Expo Dry Erase Markers, 4 Colored Markers
- Save 62% – Manila Folders, Letter Size – amazing price for those of us that like to make file folder games! Stock up while the getting is good!
Other Necessary School Supplies:
You just aren’t ready for school without a few of these essentials!
- backpack – I simply can’t link to one! You and your kids will have to choose. Sorry 🙂
- Pencil Box with Lid
- Zippered, 3-Ring Pencil Pouch
- Save 70% – personal Pencil Sharpener
- Locker Organizer
- Laptop (BESTSELLER for KIDS) for homework – plus, our schools are BYOD schools now. That means “bring your own device”. So, our kids can do their work on a computer or iPod in class, but they must supply their own.
My Homeschool Recommendations for Back to School:
- Geometric Shapes
- Magnetic Cuisenaire Rods – for the “teacher”
- Cuisenaire Rods Intro Set 74/pk (for the “students”)
- Viewthru Geometric Solids (14-Colored)
- BIG TIME STUDENT CLOCK (12 HR)
- Wood Designs WD13801 See-All Storage with (12) Translucent Trays — currently 35% off, this is perfect for work boxes or homeschool organization!
- Play-Doh: Case of Colors
- Do A Dot Art Marker Rainbow 6-pack
Make life easier and just purchase a premade kit!
- Preschool Supplies Kit
- Kindergarten School Supply Pack
- First and Second Grade Supply Pack
- Third through Fifth Grade Supply Pack
- Sixth through Eighth Grade Supply Pack
- High School Essentials Kit
- Don’t forget about those College Kids! Send them the ultimate Back to School Care Package!
Don’t forget your free printable checklist! Even if you order the bulk of your supplies online, it doesn’t hurt to have this list in your purse in case you see super cheap supplies when you are out and about!
Have I forgotten any must-have school supplies?