I am a bread eater, I just love the fact that it can be sweet or savory. I love that you can put pretty much anything into bread that you want. I especially love the way my house smells when bread is baking!
However, kneading and rising and all that jazz takes too long for this busy mom of 3 boys – so, I am all about the boxed cake mix recipes. You know all those recipes that start with a box of cake mix and then make them better? Yeah, like this Easy Cake Mix Recipe: Zucchini Bread!
So easy, you will find yourself making this over and over again! Plus, it is an awesome way to get some vegetables into those picky kids without them knowing. 🙂
- 1 (18.25-oz.) package spice cake mix
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (approximately 1 medium zucchini)
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Beat cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 minute, stopping to scrape bottom and down sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in zucchini. Pour batter evenly into 2 (9- x 5-inch) lightly greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 to 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes before slicing.
My Favorite Resources for this Zucchini Bread Recipe are:
Pyrex Basics 3 Quart Glass Oblong Baking Dish, Clear 9 x 13 inch – 3 QtDuncan Hines Moist Signature Spice Cake MixPyrex Smart Essentials 6-Piece Mixing Bowl SetOXO Good Grips Wooden Spoon Set, 3-Piece
Wanting something a bit different? Here are over 5 ways to make boxed cake mix better!