These Cursive Handwriting Sheets: Famous Haiku Cursive Practice Printables will help your mid and upper elementary school children work on cursive writing and identifying Haiku as part of Poetry Appreciation Month.
I hope you find these homeschooling freebies useful for you in your homeschool classes! Simply click the image above to download all three worksheets. Each worksheet shows the Famous Haiku, then has a traceable version, and finally has blank lines for your child to write the poem themselves.
More FREE Poetry Resources:
Haiku is a form of poetry, first made popular in Japan, which has become appreciated around the world. Haiku poets are challenged to convey a vivid message about the natural world in only 17 syllables. I am sure you will like this little Haiku Lesson from Scholastic.
If like me, you have always wondered what we need poetry for besides to enjoy, this article from Timbuktu is sure to shock (and please) you with its reasoning behind teaching poetry to our children.
- You can also access all of the Unit Study Resources here at 3 Boys and a Dog!
- How To Write a Nature Poem like Roald Dahl from FrogMom
- Silly Limericks for Kids from Schooling a Monkey
- Fun Poetry Activities for Kids from iGameMom
- Poetry Books for Children from The Jenny Evolution
- Apps for Creating Poetry with Kids from Parenting Chaos
- Poetry Printable Copywork for Kids from The Natural Homeschool
- Mother’s Day Fingerprint Gift With Printable Poem from Play Dough & Popsicles
- Poetry Writing for Kids: Using Metaphors from Planet Smarty Pants
- Our Favorite Poetry Book for Kids from Our Daily Craft
- Spring Haiku Poetry Worksheet from Something 2 Offer
Enhance Your Poetry Learning:
Looking for more fun items to help you in teaching your kids about Poetry? Check out my top picks from Amazon (aff link)!
Poetry Books for Kids
- Kids Pick the Funniest Poems
- Poetry for Young People: Robert Frost
- The Random House Book of Poetry for Children
- Revolting Rhymes