This Cucumber Basil Limeade Drink Recipe is a perfect treat for cooling down after a hot day.
Isn’t this faux cocktail recipe absolutely beautiful and summery looking? Not only is it pretty, but it is so yummy – like drinking a delicious but relaxing spa beverage!
This gorgeous green is accomplished by a mix of all green yumminess: limes, cucumbers, and basil.
The following ingredients are affiliate links on Amazon because they may be a bit hard to find in your normal store. I wanted you to be able to see exactly which things we are using.
Reminder, not all ingredients are linked above, just the ones that may be a bit difficult to find or that you might be unsure of what to look for.
A great (and pretty) mocktail takes a stash of a few fun tools like the ones listed above.
Cucumbers, while not extremely flavorful, are full of other great things. Paired with basil and lime, you get a delicious drink that is actually pretty good for you.
According to Dr. Mercola:
Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber.
- 1 large English Cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Basil Leaves (about 10-12 whole)
- ⅓ cup of freshly squeezed Lime Juice (4 big limes)
- Zest of one Lime
- ½ cup of Sugar.
- ¼ teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 + 4 cups of cold water
- Cucumber spears, Basil Leaves and Lime Slices/wedges to garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring the sugar, lime zest and 1 cup water to a gentle boil on medium heat. Keep stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from the heat and let it cool to room temperature. This step can be made in advance too.
- In a blender add the cooled lime syrup, chopped cucumbers, basil leaves, lime juice, sea salt and another cup of water. Blend on high for a minute or so.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Serve immediately over ice, garnished with cucumber spears and lime slices.
1. If not using a high speed blender, the limeade might be a little “pulpy”. In that case, do stain it through a fine mesh strainer, before serving.
2. Zap the limes in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds. They will release more juice. The hack really works!
More Easy Cucumber Recipes:
Did you find cucumbers on sale or did your garden produce a ton? Because let me tell you, gardens are notorious for producing way more than expected and seriously, how many plain cucumbers can one family eat?
Turns out, with these yummy recipes, you can eats LOTS. 🙂 Thank goodness. LOL!
- Tuna Cucumber Bites
- Throw together this easy Cucumber & Jicama Salad from Busy At Home
- Cucumber Roll-ups
More Delicious Mocktails for Teenagers: