You can never go wrong with cheese, chicken, and broccoli in my house! From Chicken Broccoli Braid to any number of casseroles. If you change just one tiny bit of the recipe it makes an entirely new dish! A little Parmesan and some cream of mushroom change the flavor and consistency. All of my kids love it – in fact I made this Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole just the other night to get pictures and Tank (7) ate 3 bowls full! For someone that can still fit in 2T shorts, that is saying something!
For most of us, this is an easy fall back dish because we all typically have cheese, chicken, and broccoli on hand.
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves - grilled and cut into pieces (I used the food processor to mince it))
- 2 heads fresh broccoli - boiled & cut into bite sized pieces (I actually put it into the food processor for just a bit)
- 2 cans of cream of chicken
- 1 cup mayo (I used Kraft)
- 1 teaspoon of jerk chicken seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar
- ½ Cup Grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Worchcestershire sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 pound macaroni noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare noodles according to instructions
- Place prepared chicken, noodles, and broccoli in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish
- In saucepan combine remaining ingredients except for 1.5 cups of the shredded cheddar - bring to boil.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken and broccoli mixture and top with remaining cheddar.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts
- Stir before servicing to mix the bottom juices into the top cheese
Served it with 5-cheese garlic bread… We thought it was really good the first time and added it to our stack of tried and true recipes. I have had this recipe for so many years that I don’t remember where I first got inspiration. Of course, like any recipe I have ever seen anywhere, things were changed over the years to fit our family’s taste-buds. Enjoy!