Y’all know that looks good! I hate pralines, but I love spiced pecans! They are so yummy that when I make a batch, they are gone within a day or two.
This recipe comes from my Grandmother’s kitchen. She has made them at Christmas, for as long as I can remember! These, Irish Potato Candy, and Divinity are my absolute favorite homemade candies. Do you have a favorite candy?
- 3 Cups of White Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Allspice
- 2 cups of whole, shelled pecans
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of butter (or margarine)
- Boil sugar, milk, and allspice until it reaches soft ball (234°) stage.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and butter.
- Beat until creamy and add in the pecans.
- Drop heaping spoon fulls unto waxed paper and allow to set.