Thanksgiving is coming! Don’t just try teaching your kids about it, give them something fun to read to help them learn about America’s Holiday! These Turkey Books for Kids will help you teach your kids about Thanksgiving in a fun and interesting way!
Turkey Books for Kids
From stories to facts to coloring – these books will help you teach your kids everything there is to know about Turkeys and Thanksgiving!
1. Turkey is in trouble. Bad trouble. The kind of trouble where it’s almost Thanksgiving . . . and you’re the main
course. But Turkey has an idea–what if he doesn’t look like a turkey? What if he looks like another animal instead?
After many hilarious attempts, Turkey comes up with the perfect disguise to make this Thanksgiving the best ever!
2. This silly rhyming story about ten turkeys teaches children how to count backwards.
“Looky!” says a silly turkey swinging from a vine.
Gobble gobble wibble wobble.
Whoops! Now there are nine.
Girls and boys will gobble up this hilarious story about ten goofy turkeys and their silly antics: swinging from a vine, strutting on a boar, doing a noodle dance, and more
3. Little ones will love learning about Thanksgiving in Tanya Lee Stone’s newest shaped alphabet book. Join in as the elementary school puts on a play that tells the true story of the first Thanksgiving. Rhyming couplets that flow through the alphabet help kids celebrate everything from Harvest to Pilgrims to Turkey.
4. Turkey is in trouble. Again. He made it through Thanksgiving without becoming a turkey dinner, but now it’s almost Christmas, and guess what’s on the menu? Turkey decides the only thing to do is to ask Santa for help. He sets off for the North Pole, but getting in to see Santa at Christmastime isn’t as easy as Turkey expected. It’s going to take all his ideas—and his clever disguises—to find a way into Santa’s house. After many hilarious attempts, Turkey comes up with the perfect disguise, and Santa has the perfect solution! In this holiday treat, a companion to Turkey Trouble, Wendi Silvano’s story is once again matched with the watercolor artwork of Lee Harper.
5. Joey the Turkey is sad. He has forgotten how to gobble and needs help from his friends. Kids will gobble up this funny story about Joey’s barnyard friends: Ruby the Rooster, Patrick the Dog, Minnie-moo the Cow, Whiskers the Cat and Gillie the Turkey and their hilarious ways they try to teach Joey how to gobble. Are they successful? Does Joey learn how to gobble again? Read and find out! This book is entertaining for kids and fun to read aloud. Thanksgiving is wonderful ! Turkey and friendship !
6. Little Turkey and friends prepare for winter, and offer thanks for all their blessings in this charming new Finger Puppetbook. This sweet story offers a special Thanksgiving message that parents and children can enjoy all through the year.
7. The Berenstain cubs act out the first Thanksgiving complete with costumes, props, and a full Thanksgiving feast. But will Sister Bear’s pet turkey play the part of dinner? The Berenstain Bears Give Thanks teaches how God provided for the pilgrims and reminds children of God’s many blessings.
8. Turkeys around Squawk Valley just don’t jump into pots anymore—they are way too smart for that. So the townspeople hatch a clever plan. They host a turkey-themed arts and crafts fair and lure a vain bird into town by advertising for an artist’s model. Peter the Turkey, proud of his well-stuffed form, takes the bait but doesn’t fall for the trap.
9. Join Sporty the Thanksgiving Turkey and his friends as they play sports and learn to be thankful for everything that they have this Thanksgiving! Your children will love this illustrated Thanksgiving book and enjoy following along as Sporty has fun while learning the value of being thankful for all of the little things in life.
10. Mr. and Mrs. Moose invite all their animal friends for Thanksgiving dinner and the only one missing is Turkey. When they set out to find him, Turkey is quaking with fear because he doesn’t realize that his hosts want him at their table, not on it.
11. This book is excellent for reading aloud or before bedtime! Read these 25 stories and learn about Thanksgiving traditions, some Thanksgiving history, fun Thanksgiving stories, and share a few memories with your child.
This beginning reader’s eBook includes vibrant pictures and text, 20+ adventurous stories, games, and a FREE Thanksgiving Coloring Book!
12. Thanksgiving is only a day away. Can Turkey find a place to hide from the farmer searching for a plump bird for his feast? If the farmer doesn’t fall for his tricks, there’s only one think left to do . . . run, Turkey, run!
13. Every year near Thanksgiving, Tom Turkey counts down the days in hiding. Thanksgiving is a stressful time of year for a turkey! Especially when a hunter named Carl is chasing you. Tom refers to him as Jerk McJerkface or “Jerky”.
I hope you and your kids have fun learning about these Turkeys as part of your Thanksgiving Unit Study!