Did you know that Ohio is the birthplace for seven different U.S. presidents? Or that the state is called the “Buckeye State”, because there are so many buckeye trees growing in the area? There’s a lot to learn about this state and making these fun Ohio crafts for kids is a great way to get the children excited about this unit!
There are Ohio crafts here featuring native plants, wildlife, famous residents, sports, and more! Plus, kids can make their own presidential portraits like many of the presidents that came from this area!
If you enjoy these crafts and want to learn more about presidents of the United States with children, try these Movies about the Presidents for Kids that make for a great family movie night!
Ohio Crafts for Kids:
1. The state insect of Ohio is the ladybug. This simple Coffee Filter Ladybug Craft is a great crafting idea for kids!
2. Canton, Ohio is the home to the Pro Football Hall of Fame and it’s a must-see for lots of football fans. If your kids are into the pigskin sport, they’ll love making this fun Football Discovery Bottle!
3. Ohio’s state reptile is the black racer snake. Use black tissue paper to make a black Accordion Paper Snake with the kids!
4. Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, was born in Wapakoneta, Ohio. Your little space fan will have a “blast” making this super cool Toilet Roll Rocket Craft!
5. Ohio’s state flower is the lovely red carnation. If you can’t find one, make your own with this fun Dyed Flowers Science Experiment!
6. As mentioned earlier, seven different U.S. presidents were born in Ohio. In fact, Ohio has the nickname as the “Mother of Presidents”. The kids will love making this Future President Craft and putting themselves in the presidency!
7. The state amphibian of Ohio is the spotted salamander. Read the kids’ book “The Salamander Room” and put this fun The Salamander Room Sensory Bin together for your preschoolers!
8. Ohio State University is one of the largest universities in the state. The football team is named after the Buckeye Tree. Make this neat Ohio State Buckeye Craft!
Can you think of any other Ohio crafts for kids? Share your ideas in the comments!