Bread machines are a wonder for the working mom who wants to provide her family with all natural food. It saves you time and money. But, there are so many bread machines on the market today. Which one do you choose? Be sure to check out my 40+ Bread Machine Recipes!
It can be hard to find just the right bread machine to suit your needs. So, where do you begin? First determine your criteria for choosing and then go down the list of viable options until you find the exact one for you.
Making the Choice
1. Capacity – Different sizes of bread machine will make different sizes of bread loaves. For instance, a 10-cup bread machine will produce a one pound loaf. That will equal about eight slices of bread for your family. If you plan on baking breads for special occasions then you might need something bigger. For your immediate family, a one pound loaf per session may be all that you need to avoid a lot of excess. And smaller bread machines can bake bread quicker if you need it faster as opposed to a longer setting.
2. Price – Bread machines differ here as well. The basic model will usually offer you one choice for bread size and not very many options for cooking different types of breads. If this is okay with you then go for the lower price. As you get more expensive, you are also provided with more features like bread size, dough type, crust color, delayed baking or rapid baking cycles, different kneading cycles or no bake cycles if you wish to freeze your dough and bake later.
3. Other features – Some bread makers allow you to create pizza dough. If your family enjoys pizza, then this is a useful feature to help you save money. There are even features that let you choose to make gluten-free breads, sweet breads and wheat bread. Your family may enjoy healthier options. Some have automatic shut off to protect the bread and you in the event of a power failure or you are not there to turn the bread off once it’s done.
4. Shape of loaf – You can find bread machines that can bake horizontally or vertically. If you want a loaf that looks like those in stores then you might want to purchase a horizontal baker.
5. Ease of cleaning – No one wants to buy a bread machine that takes hours to clean. Look for stainless steel or nonstick surfaces that can be wiped up in a jiffy. Also find one with removable parts that are easy to put back together after cleaning.
Bread machines can make baking easier. Know what features you need in yours so that you buy the proper one for your home.
Over the next few weeks, I will be bringing you several kitchen tips to help you use your bread machine to its full potential.
Tuesday 5th of November 2013
This page certainly has all of the info I needed concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.
Wednesday 23rd of October 2013
Good day! I could have swirn I've been to this website before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!
Wednesday 18th of September 2013
It is appropriate time to make some plans foor the future and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish tto suggest you some interesting things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referrring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!