Each month, I try to share a neat unit study that coordinates with fun and sometimes wacky Holidays for the upcoming month. In addition to tips, ideas, and thoughts, I will also include links to some fun things to learn about in your homeschool. Don’t homeschool? No big deal! Spend time with your kids during the weekends and on holidays doing these fun things and teach them something in the process!
October is… Cookie Month!
All items in the list below are free unless otherwise stated. *If it is underlined, you can click it!
Specific Days that Coordinate:
- 1st – World Vegetarian Day (ever made cookies without eggs? Try this Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.
- 7th – World Smile Day – take some cookies to someone and make them smile!
- 12th – It’s My Party Day! Have a little party and only serve cookies.
- 14th – National Dessert Day
- 22nd – National Nut Day. Seems like the perfect day to make some cookies with nuts in them.
Fun things to do this month:
- Complete page of “If you give a mouse a cookie” printables and activities. You could almost revolve your entire month around this one book!
- Learn about The Cookie Monster with games, activities, coloring pages and more at Sesame Street!
- Free printable Cookie Math manipulates
- Bake!! It is cookie month. Teach your kids about measuring, temperatures, and more all month long and keep them full of treats.
Books to Read this month:
- Who Took the Cookies from the Cookie Jar?
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- This One ‘n That One in Yum! a Tale of Two Cookies
- Milk and Cookies: A Frank Asch Bear Story (A Parents Magazine Read Aloud Original)
These are Amazon links and they cost, but you can always check with your local library!
Neat recipes to add to the plan this month:
- Cool Mint Oreo Cookie Balls
- Magic Cookie Bars
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Want even more? Try a complete website devoted to cookie recipes!
Be sure to leave me a note letting me know your plans for the month and even how it went last month!