Your little Princess will love these books! I have curated an entire list of Books about Mermaids for Kids of all ages below. You will find picture books through chapter books. If you have a child that just really doesn’t like to read, you need to be sure you are giving her things she will WANT to read and freeing her of other distractions.
Books about Mermaids for Kids
From stories to facts to coloring – these books will help you teach your kids everything there is to know about
1. When Emily Windsnap discovers an old diamond ring during a class hunt for trinkets, how is she supposed to know that the ring is half the key to unlocking an ancient curse by Neptune himself? Now, with the ring stuck firmly on her hand, Emily finds herself under a new curse: in just a few days, she’ll cease to be half-human and half-mermaid and must say good-bye to one parent forever. Can she possibly find the other missing ring that will break all the curses? Is there anyone who can help her — before it’s too late?
2. Stories about mermaids past and present are interwoven with activities such as selecting the perfect pet for a mermaid and touring a mermaid castle. Breathtaking watercolor paintings of mermaids, marine animals, and underwater landscapes offer plenty of details to discover. This beautiful gift book offers interactive fun on every page, leading up to a glittery surprise on the final spread.
3. Thirty beautifully depicted mermaids — and a few mermen! — represent myths and folktales from ancient Syria, Africa, the British Isles, and many other cultures. Sophisticated, ready-to-color underwater scenes portray these alluring creatures of legend in glorious detail. Brief captions introduce the stories behind the pictures.
4. Since ancient times, seafarers and coast-dwellers the world over have reported encounters with merpeople. Variously known as Finfolk, Dinny Mara, Nereids, Blue Men, and Merrymaids, merfolk have been the source of both gifts and disasters for humankind. Now a lavishly illustrated resource offers insight into the lives, origins, language, and magic of these elusive peoples. Like a siren’s song, this fascinating tome is sure to enthrall all who fall under its spell.
5. Prince Lucas discovers underwater secrets when he gets a glimpse of the mermaids’ kingdom in this eighth chapter book in the fantastical Kingdom of Wrenly series.
Lucas and Clara are floating on a raft when a wave hits and throws Lucas into the sea. Before being pulled up to the surface, Lucas catches a glimpse of a coral kingdom filled with castles, towers, and…mermaids
6. Dive into the magical sea and explore the enchanted world of mermaids! From playing with dolphins to having a mermaid tea party, this book delights in all aspects of mermaid life including seahorse riding, mermaid school, playing dress up, blowing bubbles, searching for sunken pirate treasure, mermaid pets, coral reefs, mermaid lullabies, and more.
7. When Doc brings her swimming toy, Melinda the Mermaid, into the pool, she sinks right to the bottom. But when Doc gives her a check-up, she can’t find anything wrong! This adorable book comes with stickers for even more fun with Doc!
8. Centuries ago the great city of Atlantis had to be hidden from humans. Now magically buried in the depths of the ocean, it is the source of all magic. All is well in the magical world…until the leaders of Atlantis listen to the whims of a mad man.
A group of teens set out on their own unique quests to fight for the world they love. They face dangers they didn’t know existed. As they battle their way through mysterious tunnels and secrets of the ancient world, they find themselves in a race against time. One by one, the mad man will shut down the Gates of Atlantis and destroy the magic. Can these unlikely heroes stop him before it’s too late?
9. Fancy Nancy and her best friend, Bree, couldn’t be more excited about their upcoming dance show. After all, it’s all about mermaids—and who knows how to be a fancy, glamorous mermaid better than Fancy Nancy herself? But when another ballerina wins the coveted role of the mermaid, Nancy is stuck playing a dreary, dull tree. Can Nancy bring fancy flair to her role, even though it isn’t the one she wanted? And when disaster strikes right before the big ballet, who will step in to steal the spotlight?
I hope you and your kids have fun learning about Mermaids!