Minnie is back and she brings us yet another spaghetti squash dessert! Yes, Minnie is just slightly addicted to it.
Minnie Says: I made this again today and we had it for dessert tonight—it is majorly yummy, especially with a dollop of fat free Cool Whip on top. We both said we could eat the whole thing tonight! It is way lower in calories—but not if you go crazy and eat it all at one time! LOL!
- ½ medium spaghetti squash
- 1 ½ cups Blue Diamond Original Unsweetened Almond milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup EggBeaters
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 tablespoons grated unsweetened coconut (mixed into other ingredients)
- 1 cup of canister-style Equal
- 2 tablespoons grated unsweetened coconut (sprinkled on top before baking)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Fat free Cool Whip
- Cut medium spaghetti squash in half. Microwave one half, face down on microwave-safe plate, for about 8-10 minutes or until completely tender throughout. Save second half for another dish on another day (Just cover with clear wrap and place in fridge until ready to use).
- Allow cooked squash half to cool a bit.
- While squash is cooling, mix all other ingredients, except squash, last 2 tablespoons of coconut, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- When squash is cool enough to handle, shred pulp with 2 forks. Stir squash strands into custard mixture, and set aside.
- Spray or grease a deep dish 9-10 inch pie plate. Sprinkle corn meal over bottom and sides of greased plate.
- Pour custard mixture into pie plate over cornmeal. Sprinkle the remaining coconut, nutmeg, and cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350F for about 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool.
This is absolutely delicious topped with a bit of fat free Cool Whip or fat free Reddi-Wip.