The microwave is probably the single biggest asset to a mom’s kitchen. If you forget to thaw the chicken early in the morning, the microwave can take care of it. If your kids are starving and you don’t feel like cooking on a stove, the microwave is there!
But did you know that you can even make desserts in a microwave? It’s true! These microwave dessert recipes are miles ahead of reheating a frozen pie. These look so good your family will think you slaved over a hot oven!
To get even more out of your microwave, check out this roundup of meals to cook in a microwave to make dinner and dessert in no time!
Microwave Dessert Recipes:
1. This Double Chocolate Mug Brownie is rich and fudgy – perfect for a quick treat!
2. Top a piece of pound cake with this velvety Easy Microwave Lemon Curd!
3. I love carrot cake, but baking it takes FOREVER. This Microwave Carrot Cake is much easier!
4. I would never have thought to use a microwave to make Peanut Brittle. This recipe is brilliant!
5. This Gluten-Free Microwave Chocolate Fudge only takes a few minutes!
6. Make Chocolate-Drizzled Microwave Popcorn and serve it as a sweet snack!
7. These Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores are a neat spin on the traditional recipe!
8. Turn chocolate into fudge with this recipe for 5-Minute Marshmallow Fudge made in the microwave!
9. I love how elegant these No-Bake Mint Chocolate Bars look!
10. This nutty Cranberry Pistachio Cashew Bark is super for a protein boost AND a dessert!
11. There is not a single person on Earth who doesn’t like rice crispy treats. (At least I don’t there there is.) These microwavable Peanut Butter Cup Rice Crispy Treats look delicious!
12. Want a super-sized dessert in a flash? This Dump & Bake Microwave Cake recipe actually makes a regular-sized cake in 13 minutes!
13. Get a taste of childhood with these Microwave S’mores Bites!
14. Share a sweet dessert with a special someone with this Chocolate Cake for Two you can make in the microwave!
15. This Raspberry Microwave Custard would be delicious on a shortcake or a tart!
16. Serve this Strawberry Mug Cake with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!
17. Making your own caramel candy in a microwave? These Pumpkin Spice Caramels would be an awesome gift idea!
18. This Microwave Brown Bag Caramel Corn would be a great snack for a family movie night!
19. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge is basically a giant Reese’s cup. Win!
20. Serve this healthy No-Bake Raspberry Tart in tiny jars for guests!
21. A shot of caffeine, plus chocolate? I can’t wait to try these Microwave Double Chocolate Espresso Brownies!
22. Skip the oven and make these Quick and Easy Baked Apples in the microwave!
23. Wrap up this Easy Peppermint Bark in cellophane and hand it out to guests!
24. Make this single-sized Dark Chocolate Granola Apple Mug Cake anytime you want a sweet (and healthy) dessert!
25. This light and airy Hot Fudge Mousse would make a luscious dip for fruit or vanilla wafers!
26. These simple No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are a great first recipe for kids to make with a microwave!
Resources for Microwave Dessert Recipes:
Make these and other simple microwave dessert recipes with these handy resources!